Getting to hot

mentalchaos

Reaction score
My phone is reaching temps up to 125 degrees °F I've gotten a warning on my phone twice saying is to hot. So I turn it off for awhile. Is this normal for dr2g?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Wow. Come to Minnesota, where the touchscreen doesn't respond because my fingers are too cold.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone is reaching temps up to 125 degrees f° I've gotten a warning on my phone twice saying is to hot. So I turn it off for awhile. Is this normal for dr2g?

Well, they can get hot sometimes but they can take a lot hotter temperatures the 125 degrees. I'm curious, is this an app you have on your phone warning you of overheating? Because I've never seen that. Maybe this is something on the D2Global.

I'd be concerned if the message is being generated by the phone itself. Are you running an antivirus or task killer? Please remove those if you have them installed.

Other then that, it's probably directly related to an app you are using that's using a lot of battery. 2 warnings in how much time? If you just got it well, you're probably using it a lot. That will slow down.

Have you rooted this phone and overclocked it? Without setting the profiles properly that would be another reason.

Take a look at your battery manager and see what app is using a lot of battery. I'll bet if you find something unusually high, that's your culprit.

OP
mentalchaos

mentalchaos

Reaction score
The warning is generated by the phone its self I got it once before I rooted. And one time after. Whats wrong with having task killers and virus protection?