Getting notifications to vobrate when phone is set to vibrate?

SketchyTech

Reaction score
I would like to follow this thread as well. I am a new owner of the droid but I miss my Blackberry when it comes to simplicity of just throwing it in its pouch and setting up profiles. I want to be able to at least toggle between loud & silent where all ringers, notifications and whatever are on viberate. This is basic stuff people, that should be on any phone.

Currently I am trying settings profiles full, but it doesn't seem to do the trick either.

jenselt82

Reaction score
I use Setting Profiles Lite and I was having the same problem until I turned on "also vibrate for notification" under the Messages settings.
Then I have Setting Profiles Lite turn off the vibration for my regular (ringer on) profile and leave it alone for my vibrate profile and everything works the way I want it to now.

SketchyTech

Reaction score
I use Setting Profiles Lite and I was having the same problem until I turned on "also vibrate for notification" under the Messages settings.
Then I have Setting Profiles Lite turn off the vibration for my regular (ringer on) profile and leave it alone for my vibrate profile and everything works the way I want it to now.

Great thanks. I will have to try that.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why has nobody made an app for this?
IIRC some developer once said that there was no good way to centrally manage vibration for notifications. I can't verify or disprove that so take it FWIW. Since switching from my Blackberry I've been looking for something completely equivalent to profiles (central management of audio, vibration and LED for all of the different notifications for various apps) but have yet to find anything that totally fits the bill.