getting lightflow to work with handcent

bhawks

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to get lightflow to work alongside handcent and Ive troubleshooted and tested just about every setting and still cant accomplish what i want. I was wondering if any of you have succeeded at doing this

I am looking to...
have my missed calls blink red
have my gmails blink green
have my sms blink blue
and have one specific contacts sms to blink orange

I got everything working except the specific contacts messages blinking orange. I tried to have lightflow not even bother with sms and let handcent take care of it but that doesnt work. Do any of you know how to do this?

Thanks for the help

scampcat

Reaction score
I had handcent installed for a while until it just bugged me too much. It doesn't play nicely with the facial unlock when a new message pops up. Otherwise I really like handcent. I'd recommend disabling the handcent notifications and let lightflow do the lighting based on built-in SMS monitoring. I have noticed too though, that lightflow isn't quite ICS perfect yet either. I get a random blinking light when I have nothing that should be triggering it. Both handcent and lightflow need an update to clean up the minor glitches they present in ICS. So if you can't get them to cooperate now, you may just have to wait until they are fully ICS friendly.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I prefer to use the handcent notification, but light flow doesn't play well with it. I only use light flow for the charge notification. For your needs, I think light flow has a setting for a specific contact.

OP
B

bhawks

Reaction score
Yeah i might just have to wait for updates i guess...i have tried just about everything. It's basically one or the other for lightflow and handcent.

I tried using lightflow for just email and missed calls, and let handcent handle the
Sms but im pretty sure that's not working bc lightflow takes full control of the led

And i tried disabling handcent notifications and doing it all within lightflow, which almost worked except my specific contacts sms wouldn't blink it's own color....

Sorry for the rant but customizing the led is one of my favorite things about android and it shouldn't be this hard on the nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums