Getting false email notification

PhontomF

Reaction score
For all of today I've been getting false email notification every like 10 mins. The sound will play and the mail icon will show in the top bar but when I click it there're no new messages in my inbox. I only have my one gmail account setup on this phone. I've tried going into the applications and clearing the data and cache for gmail and restarting the phone with a battery pull. I don't know what else to try. It's driving me crazy and I had to turn off email sync till I figure this out. I'm rooted running 901 and it's been fine for a couple weeks before this today. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I'm also on .901 and mine is doing the same thing. I don't blame .901 though cause i have had it happen on my Droid x as well. Something is pulling my gmail before i get to it and i haven't figured out what yet. If you log in on a computer to your gmail and look in the trash you well see the email that came to your phone and got deleted before you had the chance to see it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The work around I'm using is in the gmail setting i have checked to confirm delete, seems to work half the time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
Thanks but I must have a different issue because there's no messages in my trash from yesterday that I didn't put there

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Are you getting the email icon in the notification bar as well?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
Are you getting the email icon in the notification bar as well?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

It has stopped doing it since last night but yes I was getting the email icon in the notification bar. Hope it doesn't do that anymore was so annoying.