GMail Not Syncing

jcortes

Reaction score
As of yesterday within a minute of an email being sent to me I would get it pushed to my Droid's GMail app. As of today all of a sudden I get no notification of any emails I have to manually refresh my inbox to get anything. Help!!

I have tried the following
- clearing the cache for the gmail apps under application manager
- restarting the phone multiple times
- doing a factory reset on the phone

Reaction score
i noticed that too. i thought it was because i turned off notifications in gmail for the first time since november and then turned it back on.

fallencreations

Reaction score
As of yesterday within a minute of an email being sent to me I would get it pushed to my Droid's GMail app. As of today all of a sudden I get no notification of any emails I have to manually refresh my inbox to get anything. Help!!

I am having the same problem. What rom are you using?

marcogiudice

Reaction score

I am having the same problem. What rom are you using?
its nothing to do with a rom. its a problem on googles end. if this doent work then u need to wait for google yto fix
goto settings,apps,manage apps, hit menu and select filter all, and goto both gmail and gmail storage and hit clear data. now dont get scared it will say u will lose data and account. i promise u wont. hit clear let it syn back to google servers and problem fixed. if it worked and after do *228 for kicks

OP
jcortes

jcortes

Reaction score
Stock 2.1

Seems rather odd but it looks to be working now. Here is what I believe is happening. I had a conversation that I was using to test and I had moved it to the trash. When I deleted the conversation completely so that the new message would to straight to the inbox it was pushed to my phone. I think that because it had the label of trash it was not syncing as I do not have trash set to sync. It also could be a combination of both my factory reset and the new conversation because I had other brand new conversations this morning that did not get pushed.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Stock 2.1

Seems rather odd but it looks to be working now. Here is what I believe is happening. I had a conversation that I was using to test and I had moved it to the trash. When I deleted the conversation completely so that the new message would to straight to the inbox it was pushed to my phone. I think that because it had the label of trash it was not syncing as I do not have trash set to sync. It also could be a combination of both my factory reset and the new conversation because I had other brand new conversations this morning that did not get pushed.
well even if its in the trash and someone sends a reply to that email it will show up in ur inbox with te label trash and inbox

OP
jcortes

jcortes

Reaction score
that's what i figured it should do but I guess it didn't. All seems to be good. All the notifications of replies to my thread are being pushed.