Gmail Notification Wrong

Agrajag

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing this?

I now have my Gmail app telling me constantly that I have 1 e-mail. No notification in the notification bar but when I go into the app itself and see the various threads listed at the top (just below the Android notification bar) is the app bar that says "Inbox (1)".

However, I don't have any mail. Nothing I do will clear this. I go into Gmail on the desktop and there's no such trouble. I tried sync changes and such to no avail. It's just annoying.

Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing this?

I now have my Gmail app telling me constantly that I have 1 e-mail. No notification in the notification bar but when I go into the app itself and see the various threads listed at the top (just below the Android notification bar) is the app bar that says "Inbox (1)".

However, I don't have any mail. Nothing I do will clear this. I go into Gmail on the desktop and there's no such trouble. I tried sync changes and such to no avail. It's just annoying.

Any ideas?

Pull the battery for a full 30 seconds. See if it doesn't go away then.

oshigeru

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. Check your drafts folder. That fixed mine.

entcee

Reaction score
This has happened to me too. There was an unread mail in the "all mail" folder. I marked it as read and it took care of the problem.

lmapp

Reaction score
You might try checking "all mail" under "view folders".

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
That was it. A reply in the All folder.

Much appreciated.

naykam0810

Reaction score
I was having the same issue, and what I did was to go to my account thru my computer and checked my inbox, for some reason the messages were coming up in my phone but in the account they were still showing as unread in the inbox. That worked for me.

millbean

Reaction score
the all mail solution worked for me too, thanks it was driving me nuts!