getting droid bionic pros/ cons of this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Bye TB

I may be well on my way of getting the Bionic sooner rather than later. ThunderBolt 1 lasted from 3/25 to 10/10. Replacement TB 1 lasted until replacement 2 comes in ASAP. Replacement 1 has a bad mic, that means I cannot use my phone to make phone calls! By the way, my original TB has had an accumulation of all the bugs from each of the OTA's that came out, rebooting, bad batch of GB, etc. So, sooner is better to get off the TB wagon for me.

Oh, I saw on site Hagerstown MD gets 4G 10/20! That is close time and distance wise. dancedroid hey, the phone has to go to the bathroom.

Last edited:

DrZenga

Reaction score
I've been there and done that with the thunderbolt. I enjoyed at first then i felt the hate towards the phone starting to grow. The bionic is a breath of fresh air after having to deal with the TB....

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I've been there and done that with the thunderbolt. I enjoyed at first then i felt the hate towards the phone starting to grow. The bionic is a breath of fresh air after having to deal with the TB....

Yeah, I guess I should have known not to repeat the HTC purchase which is going just like last year and a HD2. Replace and issue causing replace again. 1 each of HD2 and TB had a bad mic. I'm just building my case to jump TB wagon, I'll be over to Moto Bionic asap.

silver6054

Reaction score
As silver6054 stated though, it truely depends on your needs, it isnt global... (stay here :))

I really liked that! Now in some forums (oh, maybe iPhone say) that might be meant for real ("Why go anywhere outside the US. The app store has everything you need right here at home). Of course, now the iPhone 4S is global (carriers permitting) that now becomes a critical feature totally unavailable on any other phone and invented by Apple.

hydro556

Reaction score
well can least try it out for 14 days all my friends have it and love the phone, heard bout some people having issues but alot people dont as well soo kinda a toss up i guess

If you have the 14 day trial, and dont mind the hassle of setting it all up, and then sending it back if you dont like it, go for it.

I just sent mine back in. Gave it a shot as my upgrade from my Incredible. The phone is pretty good, with what seemed like excellent build quality. The screen is mediocre overall, but excellent outside in the sunlight.

The biggest problem for me was the very bad camera. I like having a nice P&S camera in phone for impromptu quick shots. That aint happening with the Bionic. Mine was very slow, and even if you tried to take your time and get a good shot, it just didnt happen. Very grainy, overall very bad. I am surprised Moto let it out like that. Feels very rushed, on a phone that took forever to drop.

I decided that I knew I was going to regret it when the next batch of phones come out in the next month or two. I think they are going to be the highly advanced, highly polished devices that I am looking for to keep the next two years.

Last edited:

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
I also has the problem with the 2 apps installed on my sd being gone. But after moving them both to my phone never had it happen. All is good now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums