getting droid bionic pros/ cons of this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indymale26

Reaction score
i currently have droid x2 and pleased with the speed tests, and benchmark scores, hit 2986 on quardrant standard , lack of 4g and front camera why im getting bionic plus love the spec reports, every one weigh in on the bionic if have one only thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
I

indymale26

Reaction score
yeah i know

well can least try it out for 14 days all my friends have it and love the phone, heard bout some people having issues but alot people dont as well soo kinda a toss up i guess

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I would wait. There are some pretty great phones coming out soon. The Bionic had several glitches that people are complaining about. The biggest is the camera. Look into the Razr or the prime or the Vigor...

What? New phones dont have any glitches!

solution

Reaction score
Keep in mind that vzw charges a restocking fee if you return a phone within 14 days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Actually I've been incredibly lucky with all three of my phones, no glitches on any of'm! Even when flashing rom's I've never had trouble with some of the reported bugs.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
if you're always waiting for the next great phone you'll never have the current best phone.
Today, the Bionic is the best phone you can buy on any US Carrier. Period.

DrZenga

Reaction score
I love my bionic after coming from the horrible thunderbolt. I love the Ui and stock launcher. I will be getting it rooted, but like i said i like it arock so far, so i won't be putting any new roms on it intil new ones becom available. It's and oversll great phone. I can't explain it in words. You're just going to either find out yourself or just don't buy it.

dihtn

Reaction score
I had been waiting since the launch. I was honestly also looking at the iPhone launch as well. Decided on the Bionic this weekend. Extremely fast and smooth. I have no music/sound issues as some have reported. The 4g/LTE is incredible. I would have been extremely dissapointed had I chose the iPhone with 3g service for the next 2 years. I did have an issue with the "dissapearing" aps-they really didn't dissapear for me-the graphics on the icon just went away. As noted on the forum-simply move the ap to the main memory and it is fixed. Zumocast it great. Battery life is very good with the stock battery. One other issue I had was when I put the phone in the standard dock, it was located next to my weather radio and the phone started to randomly buzz. I then remembered reading about that issue and moved the wether radio-problem solved.

silver6054

Reaction score
if you're always waiting for the next great phone you'll never have the current best phone.
Today, the Bionic is the best phone you can buy on any US Carrier. Period.

And of course you see those statements about phone X in most phone X forums, basically the phone I bought is the best!
Bionic is good, but if you want say, a hard keyboard, or a global phone, it's not the best phone for you on Verizon, let alone all carriers.

OP
I

indymale26

Reaction score
bionic

heard new update coming out next month to fix bug problems n phone people have been talking bout!!! btw hows the 3d blur on phone jw

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I unfortunately have the nack of getting the handsets with hardware issues that my personality is unwililng to overlook, that said, I LOVE my Bionic and though it took me 4 returns with hardware issues ranging from loose or ungrounded headset jacks to the ear speaker loose in the handset, this final version has been rock solid and a MUST keep device!
As silver6054 stated though, it truely depends on your needs, it isnt global... (stay here :)) it has no hard keyboard but there are a ton of bt keyboards ranging from portible fold ups to palm size( literally)... if your into modding , the device is a BEAST... rooted running v1.7[r3]blurr3d from theoryrom has me up all night doing things when i should be sleeping... (fun and exciting things, lol)
the issues people complain about are personal... i dont concur with many of them? camera being slow etc... I dont see the pixilation many complain about, or my mind ignores it as too trivial to care about.
The best testimonial i can give would be summed up in ," This is the phone i can live with for 2 years when history has proven me to swap with each new one that comes out" , I've actuall stopped trolling the forums for "The next new Device" and am content in looking for new things to do with my Bionic instead!