Getting Custom Kernels Running on the Droid X

*hug* sorry for being a buzz kill.

It's time to blow this scene...

Nooooooo!

Oh well. Maybe later on a team of super devs will come together and finally crack this case.

Xda has a great thread on this. Unfortunately alias is right. Not a whole lot of people left dedicated to this.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

We can enjoy the likes of tranq, gummy, etc but the dx I don't think will ever have a custom kernel running on anything but dev phones.

Nooooooo!

Oh well. Maybe later on a team of super devs will come together and finally crack this case.

Xda has a great thread on this. Unfortunately alias is right. Not a whole lot of people left dedicated to this.....

I'm surprised there hasn't been a formal call to arms across all sites for this. We can't let them be right when they say it's "unhackable"!

Well there kind of was at first. But the encryption rivals that of banking and goverment sites. It sucks but moto won. On the bootloader they won. Unless moto unlocks it or exposes the flaw to gain access, expect this "success" on every moto product moving forward.

Well there kind of was at first. But the encryption rivals that of banking and goverment sites. It sucks but moto won. On the bootloader they won. Unless moto unlocks it or exposes the flaw to gain access, expect this "success" on every moto product moving forward.

No custom kernals makes me a sad panda.

I hate it but it's true

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Alright mrkleen, if that's a route u wanna take, im gonna need 2 batteries, some wd40, duct tape, and 3 paperclips. Lol. Sorry that was a mcguyver reference for all of u that can relate to it. :)

I actually just returned my droid x because I like my Droid 1 better. The minor performance increase over my rooted Droid 1 did not justify the locked bootloader. Motorola's only reason for locking the bootloader is so they can withhold updates encouraging you to buy a new phone sooner. Isn't it odd that the Milestone is on 2.1 when the droid is on 2.2 being they are basically the same phone? It is because the milestone is locked and people can't put custom ROMs on it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

But sadly that's prob what it would take to unlock it. A crime.

I actually just returned my droid x because I like my Droid 1 better. The minor performance increase over my rooted Droid 1 did not justify the locked bootloader. Motorola's only reason for locking the bootloader is so they can withhold updates encouraging you to buy a new phone sooner. Isn't it odd that the Milestone is on 2.1 when the droid is on 2.2 being they are basically the same phone? It is because the milestone is locked and people can't put custom ROMs on it.

I think there are a lot of benefits to the dx over the og. I have both. I don't know why they locked it really besides the kernel and init commands. Bloat has nothing to do with bootloader so that's not it. Maybe you're right. I don't know...

Makes sense. I wish I had my droid 1 back.

Back