Phone not charging after flashing custom kernel.

AntuTheNewbie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Redmi note 8 pro
Twitter
Kamisamaumu
Hi. My phone isn't charging even though it's plugged in and shows the icon that it's charging. I never had this type of problem before after installing custom rom/kernel. I was using Evolution X custom kernel on my redmi note 8 pro. Then i flased the neutrino kernel for begonia. It was fine for some days until today I noticed that my phone wasn't charging. Insted of charging the battery was decreasing even though it was plugged in . I don't know what might have caused the problem. It was fine after flashing the rom and kernel. But i was about to flash back to stock rom the phone turned off because of low battery. Now the low battery sign comes when i plug the charging cable . Please help. My device name : Redmi Note 8 Pro. { I didn't root my device . }
here's a same video what happed to my device when i tried to charge it :

please help!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey sorry to see if the issue have you checked any other cables to make sure that it's not the cable it's not charging properly.. if not it might be a phone issue and not a software..

OP
A

AntuTheNewbie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Redmi note 8 pro
Twitter
Kamisamaumu
Hey sorry to see if the issue have you checked any other cables to make sure that it's not the cable it's not charging properly.. if not it might be a phone issue and not a software..
yeah i checked with another cable and chargers

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
yeah i checked with another cable and chargers
Did you make a backup in TWRP? If so restore that backup. Have you tried flashing the original kernel before your battery runs out. Might try a wireless charger too