Getting a Thunderbolt

Reaction score
Alright, so I have an iPhone right now which I really like but my mom's Ally is a piece of junk and finally gave in. My grandparents have an extra upgrade that they aren't going to use so I'm using theirs to get the Thunderbolt and my mom is going to buy my iPhone.

Anyway, since this is an Android forum, I'm sure I know the answer, but is it better than the iPhone? I love how smooth it runs and the UI. It's jailbroken too so I've mostly ironed out the things I had problems with. I came from the Droid 1 (loved) and the Fascinate (which I didn't really like) so I'm used to Android. Is it running smoother these days?

So anyway, is the Thunderbolt a good graduation present to myself?

johnd09

Reaction score
I love mine, I have never had an iphon, but as you know Android can do more. HTC Sense is awesome, and I hear if you root and customize it its even better, plus its 4g, that by itself is worth it. I say it would be a good graduation present for yourself.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

kparks

Reaction score
I love mine, I have never had an iphon, but as you know Android can do more. HTC Sense is awesome, and I hear if you root and customize it its even better, plus its 4g, that by itself is worth it. I say it would be a good graduation present for yourself.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

I agree I like mine but the battery could be better.. but go for it its a sweet phone and I don't think u will miss ur iPhone that much my buddy is thinking about doing the same thing

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bernardino5

Reaction score
Try it out if u already had an Android you'll fall in love with this one a few issues right know I never had any on my phone but still went ahead an rooted love it even more.

Root3d TBolt

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ask yourself this question. Do u like being restricted? If not then go android

ridin the lightning

tc3

Reaction score
Or u can ask yourself this question.

Do u want a reliable phone that doesn't reboot,shut itself off,randomly lose data services often leaving u in 1x land and has a god awful battery that must be recharged at least twice a day with minimal use?

Kid A

Reaction score
They are both respectable devices. The iPhone, as someone above me said, is a much more reliable device than any Android phone you will find. It may not be as fast through and through, but it is dependable. iOS is also a bit smoother and a lot more visually appealing in my opinion.

If it's speed and customization you're after, the Bolt would be the better choice. It's less restrictive and the Android OS is pretty open even if you decide not to root. There are bugs as you are probably already aware, but they are not nearly as much of a dealbreaker as the internet whiners would lead you to believe.

You can guess which one I picked, but really it depends on your priorities.

andjarnic

Reaction score
If you're buying a new Bolt.. I'd consider waiting a little bit longer if you can. There are several dual-core phones coming soon that look promising. In particular I was waiting for the Bionic, but am now waiting on the Samsung Galaxy SII. It's 1.2Ghz dual core + Amoled Plus screen put it a notch above the rest. I actually don't mind the interface, my mother-in-law has the fascinate and she loves it.

I'd also maybe consider the Droid Charge. It has the amoled screen which is much nicer than the lcd on the bolt. It also has a much better battery life, although 4 out 4 of my friends that own bolts don't have any battery issues with theirs. Not sure why so many people do. Two of them use it all day with maps, video and internet use.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or u can ask yourself this question.

Do u want a reliable phone that doesn't reboot,shut itself off,randomly lose data services often leaving u in 1x land and has a god awful battery that must be recharged at least twice a day with minimal use?

Sorry for your experience but that's not the expected operation of the bolt.

ridin the lightning

OP
G
Reaction score

bernardino5

Reaction score
I can't wait to get mine. I oredered it on Ebay so who knows when it'll get here :[ Oh well! dancedroid

Cool, hey planning on rooting ?

I'm planning on it. Kind of nervous, though. I've never rooted. I'm wanting to get the MIUI rom, though.

Check this out it might seem overwhelming but really isn't just read it a few times and b patient seems like alot but once u have HTC sync it's just about downloading about 3 files and copy and pasting, really recommend "das bamfs 1.7" check it out. And good luck
http://www.thunderboltforums.com/forum/htc-thundebolt-hacking-guides/1233-rs-guide-how-root-your-thunderbolt.html