Getting a droid x

Mandroidx

Reaction score
I can honestly say I am fed up with my lg ally and I really want a better phone so I'm planning on purchasing a droid x I'm only one year into my 2 year contract and the reason I have an ally is because my 4 original eris' and d1's all failed and I just want to know will this be a smart move? I don't care about 4g speed I know I don't need that on my phone so I'm not really considering waiting for a newer device. Please help me make this decision thank you in advance for your input. Mandroidx

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

sansavi

Reaction score
Id say wait. Verizon always seems to drop a bombshell phone Q4..I'm just hoping the d2/droid pro isn't their "bombshell" this year.

sent from my D1 using DroidForums.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my DX! But I agree that you should wait a few and get your hands on some other models just to see.

Yea, how did your prior ones fail? And are you looking to buy yourself out of your current contact to move over?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droidforever

Reaction score
I have the droid X and I love it. My last phone was the HTC Touch Pro. It was a good phone but it nothing compared to this phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Upcoming verizon phones will be inferior to droid x. Unless you want to wait till next year...

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Mandroidx

Mandroidx

Reaction score
They were all eris mostly software problems. One was a 3g switch it was sold to me broken. (This was all before rooting came along). The second one was on a boot loop and the 3rd overheated(no overclock). Then I was down graded to this piece of crap and I want a different phone btw I'm with verizon already under contract only 1 year into a two year.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The X is an awesome phone, but the size makes it unwieldy for the smaller-handed folks. Also, some people miss the physical keyboard and others hate the MotoBlur. The answer to the Blur problem is to install a different launcher like ADW or LauncherPro.

Oh, and if you call and ask, Verizon might let you do an early upgrade, reset your contract, and all you'd surrender was the NE2 savings of like $50.

OP
Mandroidx

Mandroidx

Reaction score
I do understand that motoblur is not htc sense but can you explain the early upgrade NE2?

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Good luck on the early upgrade..I've been trying to get one on my other line with no sucess...this is our 3rd certified droid 1 replacement that's got issues ...I don't want a 4th! Im eligible I
on feb 4, 2011....they will not budge on the date.they simply offer to send a 4th replacement.....I would consider the samsung fascinate as well as the x...it doesn't have much internal storage but otherwise has some advantages to the x.

Reaction score
If you are on a plan of 49.99 or higher (single line or family share primary)) you get an annual upgrade at exactly 12 months into your contract.

If you haggle enough, you can generally get the $20 early upgrade fee waived too. They are absurdly firm on the date though, they won't move it for anything.

ricks

Reaction score
I would go with the X. You wont be sorry with it. It is sooo much better than the Droid1 I had. I went thru 4 Droid1 replacements and finally got them to give me the X for free. I never used the physical keyboard and the larger screen is perfect.

OP
Mandroidx

Mandroidx

Reaction score
Ok I am a secondary line and it'll be a year in january ill try to get it for free since I have had such horrible service everytime I walk in there they have tried to upsale me more than actually fixing my problem and I'm tired of the horrible service honestly

DavesPPC

Reaction score
Or be overly nice.
To them? A loud customer gets a bad attitude in return. They are just people like the rest of us you know.