Get rid of battery icon in notification bar?

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
My new layout has a battery notification right under the current one, and I'm trying to get rid of anything I don't need on the notification bar. Any way to get rid of the icon altogether?

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry bro, I'm an idiot. For some reason when I read your post I thought you were talking about the clock. I havnt seen anything on removing the battery icon as of yet.

9wire

Reaction score
Launcher pro can hide the entire notification bar on your homescreen. For awhile I used a widgetsoid widget with clock, battery, and signal and hid the stock bar.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never tried this, but you may be able to make some transparent pictures for the battery and meta morph them.

Or couldn't he edit each icon image to black and replace with meta morph or ninja morph? I just now started dabbling

in notification icon's, so I'm asking as well. The only issue with doing it the way I said is it will still have the space

there as if the icon was there. So it wouldn't give any extra icon room in notification.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Or couldn't he edit each icon image to black and replace with meta morph or ninja morph?
Yes. Black, white, grey, etc. whatever the color of the notification bar is. I suggested transparent in case the notification bar was a gradient.

The only issue with doing it the way I said is it will still have the space there as if the icon was there. So it wouldn't give any extra icon room in notification.
This is true, there will be a "blank" space.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or couldn't he edit each icon image to black and replace with meta morph or ninja morph?
Yes. Black, white, grey, etc. whatever the color of the notification bar is. I suggested transparent in case the notification bar was a gradient.

The only issue with doing it the way I said is it will still have the space there as if the icon was there. So it wouldn't give any extra icon room in notification.
This is true, there will be a "blank" space.

Ahhh, good point. So how do you make them transparent? ;)

OP
T

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
The Liberty toolbox already has an icon picker where you can replace the battery icon. Are these photo files stored somewhere? If so we could take a transparent PNG and rename it every file from the folder and have the toolbox inject it for us?

I'm not having any luck finding the folder though.

OP
T

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
Launcher pro can hide the entire notification bar on your homescreen. For awhile I used a widgetsoid widget with clock, battery, and signal and hid the stock bar.

I did this for a while, but it drove me crazy for some reason, I guess I just missed seeing wifi connectivity and missed texts / new E-mails.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I use Gimp2 to edit icons and pictures. Heres a transparent icon if you want to give it a try. Rename them stat_sys_battery_100.png through stat_sys_battery_0.png for the discharging icons. Then stat_sys_battery_charge_anim100.png through stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0.png for the charging icons.

Heres the transparent icon. Its already sized the same size as the current battery icons (38x38) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12608435/transparent.jpg

This is what to look for when using Gimp2.

If you try to make your own, let me know how it goes. I'll help if you need it.