Get More HTC Widgets...... Help

drkjustc

Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset today as I was not getting Gmail or regular mail sent to my phone without hitting the refresh buttons. Since I did the reset I have to go back and change all my settings. I had originally downloaded the battery icon that came with the phone. I found it under Personalize-->Widget-->Get More HTC Widgets. Now when I click that I get a message in the middle of the black screen saying loading. Then the next message I get says" Unable to download widgets. Tap to try again". You can keep taping and backing out and hitting the Get More HTC Widgets again, but I still get the same message. I have done an additional 2 factory resets, pulled the battery 2 times, tried using WiFi (originally used 3G) and still nothing. I was able to get into the more widgets yesterday before the factory reset and my girlfriends DINC2 can get into the widgets from both WiFi and 3G. Has anyone else had a problem with this? I have not gotten around to calling HTC or Verizon as I don't have another phone to call from (this is my only phone and I’m not at home near the girlfriend).

egorzilla

Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset today as I was not getting Gmail or regular mail sent to my phone without hitting the refresh buttons. Since I did the reset I have to go back and change all my settings. I had originally downloaded the battery icon that came with the phone. I found it under Personalize-->Widget-->Get More HTC Widgets. Now when I click that I get a message in the middle of the black screen saying loading. Then the next message I get says" Unable to download widgets. Tap to try again". You can keep taping and backing out and hitting the Get More HTC Widgets again, but I still get the same message. I have done an additional 2 factory resets, pulled the battery 2 times, tried using WiFi (originally used 3G) and still nothing. I was able to get into the more widgets yesterday before the factory reset and my girlfriends DINC2 can get into the widgets from both WiFi and 3G. Has anyone else had a problem with this? I have not gotten around to calling HTC or Verizon as I don't have another phone to call from (this is my only phone and I’m not at home near the girlfriend).

Were able to get this resolved? I have ran into the exact same issue, and I have tried almost the same things. Though I didn't try to do any more factory resets.
I need to get that battery widget back, I feel so lost without it.

blackngray70

Reaction score
I never had this problem until I installed Gingerbread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

egorzilla

Reaction score
My phone came with gingerbread and everything was working fine until this weekend when my alarms went away. I was unable to get into the clock through the widget. And when I attempted to readd the clock widget if I tried to add a city I would get a FC everytime. So I did a factory reset, and while my alarms and clock and all that is working find again.

I am unable to download the add'l widgets. What a bummer :(. guess I'll try getting a hold of verizon support.

Blown03

Reaction score
just tried and I can't download anything either, maybe a system outage of some type

Swyped & Tapatalked

OP
D

drkjustc

Reaction score
I called HTC and the customer service person I talked with said that HTC is aware of the issue (along with the Bluetooth transfering of a call back to handset after receiving notification) and they are working on it. That was 2 weeks ago and I can't download the more widgets still. So I guess we are just screwed.

egorzilla

Reaction score
I called HTC and the customer service person I talked with said that HTC is aware of the issue (along with the Bluetooth transfering of a call back to handset after receiving notification) and they are working on it. That was 2 weeks ago and I can't download the more widgets still. So I guess we are just screwed.

Looks like HTC finally fixed it. I had a notification this morning when I turned my phone on saying there were more widgets available. I was finally able to grab my sorely missed battery widget.