Gengerbread update?

warmonger77

Reaction score
Does any one if and when the revo will be getting the update to 2.3?

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
OTA update will be in early or late October as quoted by my source that works for Verizon. CM7 will be coming soon as well.

OP
W

warmonger77

Reaction score
thank you and I'm not sure but what is CM7?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
thank you and I'm not sure but what is CM7?

CM7 is CyanogenMod software. It's pretty much a better rebuild of the Android Software. They try to make Gingerbread available for all the devices they support. Unfortunately as of right now, the LG Revolution is NOT supported by them. You can check out their website here: CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread

OP
W

warmonger77

Reaction score
Will this take out my Warranty and do I have to root and what is rooting I hear about it all the time and have no idea what it does for me and to my phone?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Will this take out my Warranty and do I have to root and what is rooting I hear about it all the time and have no idea what it does for me and to my phone?

Yes it would void your warranty. There are many pros to having a rooted device, way too many for me to list so I will just point you to this thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

Even though rooting your phone will void your warranty, you can always unroot your phone (return it to stock) and be able to send it back to Verizon if needed. Battery life improvment is the main reason for rooting in my opinion. When I first got my LG Revo, I stayed on stock Android and got about 8 hours of life with light usage. Being rooted, with a custom ROM and being able to overclock, I now get about 10-12 hours of battery life and my phone runs so smooth. Not to mention, when you root, you can get rid of all the bloatware and pre-loaded apps that you are currently stuck with. Let me know if you have any other questions, comments or concerns!

coachr1984

Reaction score
program for rooting?

What program did you use to root your revolution? I tried a couple and I have never been able to successfully do it. If you could help I would appreciate it. Thanks

indymale26

Reaction score
bionic

hey u shouldo of went with bionic or droid 3 overall better phones and dual core revo is nice lookin phone though!!!!

Big Cam

Reaction score
hey u shouldo of went with bionic or droid 3 overall better phones and dual core revo is nice lookin phone though!!!!

Hey great contibution, most of us have had the Revolution much longer then the bionic has been out.