General WakeUp Question

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
When the Droid goes into sleep mode (I don't know technically what it is called), where you must push the top button to get the security swipe screen--Is there a way to bypass pushing the button? I am wondering if that is the thing that I will wear out first?

Or, can you set it to push the button and bypass swiping the security screen? If you were able to do this, I guess any movement inside a case or in a pocket would make it constantly coming back on and running down the battery?

Thanks for any replies or ideas.:)
ps- I did search for this, but did not really find what I was looking for.

novacane

Reaction score
You can just slide the keyboard out to make the screen come on. I wouldn't be too worried about pushing the power button though.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Screen Mode Widget

It's awesome. It has three modes:
1. Sleep Auto - Your screen will timeout and lock like normal
2. Awake Stay - Your screen will timeout but will NOT lock! (My personal favorite)
3. Screen Stay - Your screen will NOT timeout until you manually press the power button

Oh, and when you set it to "Awake Stay" the camera button and sliding the keyboard out both turn the screen back on. :D :D :D

You're very welcome.

zegolf

Reaction score
You can just slide the keyboard out to make the screen come on. I wouldn't be too worried about pushing the power button though.

Agreed.

When most companies build phones, they'll test just about every feature. I bet there's one guy, or gal, whose entire job was to push that button thousands of times a day!