Gem Settings FC

PhriXion

Reaction score
Quick little question about Gem Settings in 1.0.0. I upgraded to 1.0.0 yesterday and have been running it smoothly since then, but as of today my Gem Settings FC's everytime I try and run it. Take notice that I came from 0.8.4 and didn't wipe and that 0.8.4 contained the app "Gem Settings" and in 1.0.0 it is located in the Settings tab. I was wondering if I needed to pull/push the app in order for it to work correctly?

captdroid

Reaction score
Quick little question about Gem Settings in 1.0.0. I upgraded to 1.0.0 yesterday and have been running it smoothly since then, but as of today my Gem Settings FC's everytime I try and run it. Take notice that I came from 0.8.4 and didn't wipe and that 0.8.4 contained the app "Gem Settings" and in 1.0.0 it is located in the Settings tab. I was wondering if I needed to pull/push the app in order for it to work correctly?

Nope the Gem Settings is under system settings now. And it is recommended to wipe before installing Sapphire 1.0 :)

http://sapphire.ccroms.net/wiki/releases/sapphire-1.0.0#installation

OP
P

PhriXion

Reaction score
Thank you for re-iterating my question. However, I worked with cvpcs last night in IRC and for some odd reason my RM was flashing a bare 0.8.4 Sapphire instead of 1.0.0. So I installed via update.zip and it loaded fine. Ended up wiping to test RM again and no go.

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
Thank you for re-iterating my question. However, I worked with cvpcs last night in IRC and for some odd reason my RM was flashing a bare 0.8.4 Sapphire instead of 1.0.0. So I installed via update.zip and it loaded fine. Ended up wiping to test RM again and no go.

Then I would download direct via pc, transfer the download to your SD card both Sapphire 1.0 and gapps, wipe data/cache, reflash using latest clockwork both Sapphire 1.0 and gapps one after the other, reboot, should work fine. :)

Last edited:
OP
P

PhriXion

Reaction score
Well at first cvpcs thought it might be the manifest pointing to the wrong version of Sapphire but it wasnt so I just went ahead and did the update.zip. I'll just wipe and do it the old fashioned way. Strange that my Gem Settings would work all day yesterday and then this morning it FC'd constantly. Either way, just wondered. Thanks.

captdroid

Reaction score
Well at first cvpcs thought it might be the manifest pointing to the wrong version of Sapphire but it wasnt so I just went ahead and did the update.zip. I'll just wipe and do it the old fashioned way. Strange that my Gem Settings would work all day yesterday and then this morning it FC'd constantly. Either way, just wondered. Thanks.

That is strange. Something must have become corrupted. I run the default kernel 1000LV (125) usually at no more then 800 but sometimes up to 900. :icon_evil: Good luck!

Last edited: