GDE is simply amazing...take a look.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;lxVBkXxzOnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVBkXxzOnI]YouTube - The new Home Android - GDE - Best News Apps[/video]

thremix

Reaction score
can this be used on the droid? If so, where can I find it?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
J

JohnDroid

Very sweet. Once again shows off the power of Android OS and the power of having an open platform that people WANT to hack on.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I like the beat; however does it slow the phone down like others home apps?
some users are saying yes it does...my second post you can read user comments if you'd like.

gwlaw99

Reaction score
from the comments on the marketplace, this doesn't work on droid yet

denlem

Reaction score
I tried it several days ago and had to remove it. I liked it, but on the Droid it was real slow. Screen refresh was really bad too. Flipping through screens 1, 2, and 3 wasnt bad, but past that the right side of the screen was going crazy and not readable.

One thing I really liked about it was the ability to get 2 more icons on the home screen. On each side of the app drawer you could put your phone and contacts icons there. Nice feature.

Once stable with 2,0, i'd definately give it a second look.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Impressive app..the comments on that site are ridiculous. This is one reason I hate "ratings" of apps. You will get a crap load of idiots that have no clue about how long development takes to fix things like bugs that show up on one device, and other things. They make the most immature "I am a kid" comments that sadly many people read and take to heart and thus an app that has had hundreds of hours put into it with really good code but perhaps not perfect, is ruined due to ridiculous ratings. I think the Android store could one up the iPhone store by adding an age that is verified in some manner and then allow sorting the ratings based on age. I think you'll find many of the 25+ age ratings will be more professional and courteous and more inline with the actual app then the younger crowd that just want to reply because they spent a hard earned dollar on an app that has problems.