gapps wont sync

zegil77

Reaction score
OK...I'm having an issue where none of much Google apps will sync on their own. My chrome to phone won't work at all, I need to manually open Gmail and hit the refresh button,I need to open Google+ to find out if I have new messages, etc.....

This is driving me crazy.

All items are. Hecked to sync in the account/sync place in the setting.

Please help

That is in advance.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK...I'm having an issue where none of much Google apps will sync on their own. My chrome to phone won't work at all, I need to manually open Gmail and hit the refresh button,I need to open Google+ to find out if I have new messages, etc.....

This is driving me crazy.

All items are. Hecked to sync in the account/sync place in the setting.

Please help

That is in advance.

I've been using the Gmail app as my only email app for a few years now and when it will not sync the fix is always the same; from a home screen I go to settings/apps/all/Gmail and select the Clear Data button. It takes the app a minute or so to re-sync, but it has always worked for me. You could try that on the other gapps too?

Good luck.

OP
Z

zegil77

Reaction score
I have tried that and it still isn't working right. Any other ideas??

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have tried that and it still isn't working right. Any other ideas??

Do you have any thing checked in settings such as Turn off Back Ground Data?? Do you use any power saving app that could be turning off data when the screen is off?

Factory Data Reset

If your problem persists "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps (don't forget that on the Gnex the sdcard gets wiped too. So backup accordingly. There are apps that will backup sms and text messages.): 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 6. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

OP
Z

zegil77

Reaction score
Ok....so i did the factory reset and that worked. Then i restored my titanium back up and again the gapps stop syncing.

So....how do i keep my gapps from being restored by my titanium back up? Or is there something else that i'm missing?? I too enjoy flashing roms.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok....so i did the factory reset and that worked. Then i restored my titanium back up and again the gapps stop syncing.

So....how do i keep my gapps from being restored by my titanium back up? Or is there something else that i'm missing?? I too enjoy flashing roms.

I would strongly suggest that you not restore everything with Titanium Backup. I use it but only to restore data only to several user installed apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.). I do not restore any system settings or system files (gapps and such). Google will re-install all your apps (paid and free) and then you simply scroll through the list of apps in Titanium and restore data only to the relevant apps. The go to Settings and manually restore you system settings.

Good luck.