Gameboid Issue--Droid X

Z3kk

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Okay, so I got a Droid X(!), and so far, it's been awesome. However, seeing as there aren't many cool games for it, I got the Gameboid GBA emulator, in the hopes of playing some kickass gameboy advance games.

Unfortunately, I cannot get my GBA roms to work. I've downloaded Gameboid, downloaded the gba_bios.bin file, and I've stored that bin file with several GBA roms. I selected the gba_bios.bin file on my first use of the Gameboid app successfully, but now, when I attempt to select one of the roms for use, it doesn't work.

I go to Gameboid, hit the menu key, press open (to browse for the file), tap the folder I stored my roms in, and select the rom. However, the app pops up with the controls (arrow keys and start/select) and a black screen, but before the game loads, it quits straight to the home screen.

I'm bored as hell because there aren't few worthwhile games in the Android store at the moment, so I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me. I've searched a few threads, but the solutions so far haven't worked for me, and it *might* be due to the fact that I have a Droid and the threads are older, but I'm not sure.

Thanks a ton!!

Hoax55

Reaction score
Uninstall everything, reinstall, get a new bios file, and get your roms from a new site. :heart:

skatercasper

Reaction score
i'm having a problem with this as well, I have a DroidX. I downloaded the gameboid app and also the rom buddy app since that seemed to be what everyone was saying to do. i donwloaded some of the games says theyre stored in

/sdcard/roms/gba/

but when i go there i have nothing specified. even tho i know i have the example super_mario_advance.zip in the file, it just tells me "No appropriate files in this folder." Is there something more i have to do here?

Keyez

Reaction score
I thought roms like the ones for gameboid were unusable on the droid x, either that or the custom theme roms.

bL33d

Reaction score
hmm gameboid on my droid and has allways worked flawless. I think u might want to redownload ur files.