Gameboid Problem

pluginxbabyy

Reaction score
I downloaded the $3.99 Gameboid from the Market on my Moto Droid.
I put the gba_bio.bin file in the root folder. Then I put 5 gba roms from DopeRoms & Romulation in the root folder as well [Golden Sun 2, Pokemon Emerald, Metroid Fusion...]. I started Gameboid, located the gba_bios.bin & hit Load ROM. I selected Metroid Fusion and Gameboid instantly crashed & I was taken to my home screen.

I've downloaded & re-installed 3 different gba_bios.bin files. I've now tried 15 different roms from 3 different sites. I've even uninstalled Gameboid & re-downloaded through Market. Every single time I startup, hit "Load ROM" and select ANY rom, it crashes to home screen.

Help?

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Certain games don't work with some of the Droid emulators yet- have you tested your other games on it? Snesoid, as an example, universally crashes when opening Kirby Superstar or Super Mario RPG but runs most everything else.

Edit: my bad, you already answered. What other apps have you installed? Could be an app conflict.

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Speaking of the Bios, rereading this it appears odd that you had to place the BIOS in a specific folder. Doesn't it prompt you to locate it on the SD card when you open the program?

MInkyboi

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking. it should be in the root folder.
and by root i mean the first folder that comes up when you access your droid from your computer

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the $3.99 Gameboid from the Market on my Moto Droid.
I put the gba_bio.bin file in the root folder. Then I put 5 gba roms from DopeRoms & Romulation in the root folder as well [Golden Sun 2, Pokemon Emerald, Metroid Fusion...]. I started Gameboid, located the gba_bios.bin & hit Load ROM. I selected Metroid Fusion and Gameboid instantly crashed & I was taken to my home screen.

I've downloaded & re-installed 3 different gba_bios.bin files. I've now tried 15 different roms from 3 different sites. I've even uninstalled Gameboid & re-downloaded through Market. Every single time I startup, hit "Load ROM" and select ANY rom, it crashes to home screen.

Help?
I downloaded GameBoid Lite and when I started it up it asked me to locate the gba_bios.bin - where is that or how could I find it, and does it go in the SD root directory? Never mind - Google search was my friend. Now I just need to find some Game Boy Advance games.

Last edited:

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
gba_bios.bin, and yes, although it will let you browse through your SD card so you can pop it in any number of subfolders if you so desire.

OP
P

pluginxbabyy

Reaction score
Figured it out guys... I'm a complete botard.

When you open Gameboid, there's all your ROMs at the top, which arent playable. I'm not sure if they're default save files or what, but if you scroll down, you'll see a completely copied set which are all playable.

I'm an idiot. Thanks for your time.

AndreaTheAndroid

Reaction score
The same thing is happening to me.. everytime I start up a game.. for example, Pokemon. It'll play the part when it was made, blah blah. And then a blue rectangle will come up and crash and go to the home screen. Then, i read this, looked for an extra list of files that play, but don't know what you're talking about? HELP! I WANT MY POKEMON!!

ds808

Reaction score
hey can someone help me out please? i just downloaded gameboid, and ive been trying to download gba_bios.bin. ive downloaded the file from multiple links but each time when i open the folder, its empty. if anyone can just give me a link that leads to a working file i would be very grateful

solar

Reaction score
Certain games don't work with some of the Droid emulators yet- have you tested your other games on it? Snesoid, as an example, universally crashes when opening Kirby Superstar or Super Mario RPG but runs most everything else.

Edit: my bad, you already answered. What other apps have you installed? Could be an app conflict.

Thats no longer the case with games like super mario RPG (at least on Snesoid). He put out an update that added whats called "C core". When you enable this, it allowes you to play some previously unplayable games.

solar

Reaction score
hey can someone help me out please? i just downloaded gameboid, and ive been trying to download gba_bios.bin. ive downloaded the file from multiple links but each time when i open the folder, its empty. if anyone can just give me a link that leads to a working file i would be very grateful

The guy on page one, has it linked in his post. Use that link.

MrKain

Reaction score
I have two bios files, and neither of them work. I seem to always get the message "Load BIOS failed. The BIOS file must bespecified in the settings."

So I went to settings, specified the bios file, and the same problem when trying to start any game. Is there some problem I'm missing here?