Problem with gameboid

BLEEK

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Recently I have ventured to the dark side, aka rooting. I rooted my phone, backed it up, etc etc. Now I'm on to finding roms to play.

I got the donated version of Gameboid, found the rom I want to play and have the gba_bios.bin file. Now here's where I have the problem.

I open Gameboid and it asks me to "Select ROM" -- I choose "Pokemon Trading Card Game.zip" and the drop down bar says "Gameboid is running" -- Yet the screen stays at "Select Rom" . It will however let me choose the "gba_bios.bin" file and goes to the Blue/White gameboy screen.

No matter if I force close the application and reopen it, the game does the same thing over and over. I've tried numerous different rom's and the same thing happens. What am I missing?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
what phone is this? And you have tried different games?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B

BLEEK

Reaction score
I have not tried different games, the phone is a Droid X

OP
B

BLEEK

Reaction score
Any other help? This was the sole game I downloaded VB for... lol

Riamus

Reaction score
I just downloaded gbaoid and haven't had a chance to work with it yet. But a couple of things... first, you don't have to root your phone to use it. Second, not all copies of the gba_bios.bin file that you find online are good. You may need to try different copies of that file. In addition, you should try other games even if you don't want to play them. The goal is to get ANY game to load. Once you do that, then you know whether the problem is with the game or your settings/bios/etc. Once you get a game to load, then it's a matter of finding out two things... 1) Is that game supposed to work on gbaoid (not all do), and 2) If it is supposed to work, do you maybe have a bad copy of the ROM? Try downloading a copy from somewhere else to find out.

You can also try loading up a ROM on your computer using an emulator like no$gba and see if it works there. If not, then it's probably a bad copy of the ROM.

Swamdono

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I might have a similar issue with my gameboid. Any help would be appreciated.
Ive read on a few other threads that some games dont work but fortunately the (most notorious) one i want to work does... to a fashion. Golden Sun 2.
Done all the business with the bios and other set-up, been playing a few other games for a couple of weeks actually -pokemon emerald and golden sun- so im fairly sure the bios is good, but with golden sun 2 the game plays at around 70% speed and the music lags and jumps. Ive tried it with 4 different copies of the game with the same result. So if no-one else has this game working, then i have. I just want it to work properly.
Thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using DroidForums

manifold0

Reaction score
I too am suffering from this problem. I have a thunderbolt. I played gameboid lite for awhile successfully. I know my BIOS is good. I know my roms work. The problem only arose when I rooted my phone. I cannot, however, find why rooting the phone has caused gameboid to cease functioning. As you said it appears in the status bar but nothing actually happens. I have tried multiple roms and BIOS files which were known to work on another non rooted phone. Currently I am running the infuse3dth3ory rom on my phone(this is not the gba rom but the phone itself). If anyone knows of a way to improve gameboid functionality on a rooted phone then I believe this can be solved.