Galnet MIUI ICS (2.1.6,Stable)

beanstown

Reaction score
Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

MIUI ICS 2.1.6 For DX:

New Build:

2.1.6 Stable Build: This Build Beasts so far in Testing!

*ALL of the fixes and additions from previous builds
*Reverted to 12-9 ICS framework which fixes:
- call waiting not working
- mute during call not working
- call record notification on outgoing calls shows as not connected
- Bluetooth connection issues
- Control Panel App issues
*Added Back Gtalk
*Added 4-Way Reboot Menu
*Added Back Control Panel
*Added Googles Car Home
*Fixed Compass

*Added Scripts For Jakebites, V6 supercharger And PowerBoost 2.2

in terminal:
type su before script
they are pbsetup for powerboost
supercharger for v6 supercharger
and modcentral for Jakebites v18

Bugs Atm:

Haptic is set to off goto by default, Fix- keyboard settings and put vibrate when keys pushed enabled

Download:

http://hotfile.com/d...Stable.zip.html
Please dont Mirror as i wanna see how many ppl are actually using this
smile.png

Install:
1-wipe data,cache,davlick
2-mount and format system
3-mount system and install

credits:
ace, dxc, cyanogen, miui.us, miui scotland, everybody in the custom rom scene thats contributed anything

Old Build's:

Build 3 Test Build:

Disabled Bytecode Verification (ace's idea)
updated superuser apk and binary
added jakebites mods modcentral in terminal type su then modcentral
interactivex governor on boot
android overclock actually works now!!! ( havnt been able to use this on much of gb roms :/ )
please leave feedback on this as i was gonna wait til the weekend but it seems alot better
android-smile.png

the jakebites part is a test atm

build 2 update:

fixed 720p issues with audio desync after a cpl mins of recording thanks to wizard0f0s

if the install goes really fast repeat until it takes at least 15-30 secs(THIS IS FOR PPL COMING FROM BUILD 1 1.12.30 IF UR INSTALLING STRAIGHT BUILD 2 U SHOULD BE PERFECT)

1.12.30 Updates:

-added wifi/3g/720p fix Credits to Wizard0f0s
-added init hack for extra prop edits credits Wizard0f0s
-Updated to MIUI Scotlands 1.12.30
-Removed p3droids ICS wallpaper.apk
-added ICS wallpapers to Rom & Removed default papers
-Fixed Haptic You need to enable it in android keyboard
-cleaned up

1.12.16 updates:
-Have kept the Bootmenu As the way to goto clockwork as i think its the safest way to update without the chance of sbf.
-Themed the bootmenu a lil, Some Rootz Love!
-fixed egl bug
-fixit init.rc typo
-updated to miui scotlands 1.12.30
-Made Update script Nice and sexy
-fixed torch
-updated the black ice theme to v2.3
-removed bloat
-updated rom manager
-added p3droids ics wallpaper apk
-edited build prob to let you use aosp visual voicemail
-removed miui settings apk as it didnt work with new miui
-added stock miui theme incase you like normal miui look instead of ics(ics is default)
-fixed paid and downloaded apps not showing under my apps!
-maybe a cpl other things i cant remember but basically cleaned up alot!

Bugs Atm:

Haptic is set to off goto by default, Fix- keyboard settings and put vibrate when keys pushed enabled

Download:

Uploading

Install:
1-wipe data,cache,davlick
2-mount and format system
3-mount system and install

credits:

ace, dxc, cyanogen, miui.us, miui scotland, everybody in the custom rom scene thats contributed anything

ggorospe

Reaction score
Noob to rooting and flashing roms, currently using this ROM from Vortex. Very smooth with the v6 supercharger running. Hope the battery life compares to Vortex. Now if a ROM had the blur corporate email app along with the messaging widget that would be the ****. Thanks to all the developers out there for creating these roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
howcome in settings>about it says android version: 2.3.7? Isn't this supposed to be an ICS build?

sickopsycho

Reaction score
I am currently using this ROM and really like it. None of the fc errors I have experienced with miui in the past and very smooth operation and good battery life assumably from ics framework. I have 2 questions, though. First off is there an updated build from 2.1.6? I see updated builds on the galnet miui website but the droidx isn't listed so I assume this is a port to the dx from official miui. My next question is has anybody figured out HOW IN THE HELL to get into clockwork recovery??!! I used to be able to get into the funky miui recovery by:blink: pressing the volume down button during bootup. After opening cwr within android and flashing recovery I can't even get into that anymore. I do not want to use droid2 bootstrap because I have a bad feeling I'd be sbfing shortly after... unless someone else has successfully done this? Or is there just some trick I don't know? I have tried miuis option to reboot into recovery, cwr option to do the same, volume. Down on boot, all to no avail. They all just boot normally. If anyone can answer either of my 2 questions I would be MOST appreciative. =)

msu

Reaction score
Well I took the dive with the Rom today except I took the latest off of rootwiki. I fell in love with the rom except I didn't like how it put all the Apps on pages, instead of having a application button on the launcher. (maybe it was just me not figuring it out). Well by tea time I got it all set up an down to two pages, I noticed my batter down to 30%. It kept going down & my DX running hot.
I to was having he'll of a time getting into recovery like posted above. I was down to 18% on my battery & did the battery pull, plugged in the subject cable, stuck battery back in, hit the power button to see the battery charging, then held the power button and volume down button. Once started booting I let go of power but kept pressing vol down. I think to recovery! Then I restored my last save and thank god survived.
I would back to this rom if I would not loose battery lifeand figure some other things out

leftspin

Reaction score
Well I took the dive with the Rom today except I took the latest off of rootwiki. I fell in love with the rom except I didn't like how it put all the Apps on pages, instead of having a application button on the launcher. (maybe it was just me not figuring it out). Well by tea time I got it all set up an down to two pages, I noticed my batter down to 30%. It kept going down & my DX running hot.
I to was having he'll of a time getting into recovery like posted above. I was down to 18% on my battery & did the battery pull, plugged in the subject cable, stuck battery back in, hit the power button to see the battery charging, then held the power button and volume down button. Once started booting I let go of power but kept pressing vol down. I think to recovery! Then I restored my last save and thank god survived.
I would back to this rom if I would not loose battery lifeand figure some other things out

The stock MIUI launcher is meant to resemble iOS so they don't include an app drawer, but in the MIUI extended settings there is an option for one (it doesn't work very well, if you're looking for a more Android-y feel for the launcher try Go Launcher EX, Zeam or LauncherPro). Battery life on this ROM really wasn't great but it usually lasted me at least through the day. You should always give a new ROM a chance to fully discharge and then recharge before you judge the battery life.

As far as getting into CWM, it's pretty straightforward. At the boot logo, press volume down. When it takes you to the bootmenu, use the volume buttons to navigate and power to select.

sickopsycho

Reaction score
The stock MIUI launcher is meant to resemble iOS so they don't include an app drawer, but in the MIUI extended settings there is an option for one (it doesn't work very well, if you're looking for a more Android-y feel for the launcher try Go Launcher EX, Zeam or LauncherPro). Battery life on this ROM really wasn't great but it usually lasted me at least through the day. You should always give a new ROM a chance to fully discharge and then recharge before you judge the battery life.

As far as getting into CWM, it's pretty straightforward. At the boot logo, press volume down. When it takes you to the bootmenu, use the volume buttons to navigate and power to select.

Yeah. This isn't my first custom rom and I have run miui before, too. In fact, I rarely leave a rom on my phone for more than a month before its replaced. Idk if this was a bug in this build or some sort of problem with an app I installed but in my searching I was not the only one to have this problem. Anyway, there is a much newer build out now that fixes the problem for me and adds many improved features. Current build is miui ics 2.2.5 available at rootzwiki.

msu

Reaction score

I have never had my battery drain like that before on any rom. I guess I just overlooked that app thing in the settings. I always have used Go launcher but was trying to give that one a try seeing it seems to work well. I'm sure I would have changed though.
I was using the 225a ics off of rootzwiki.

One thing I didn't mention is that I was on Vortex rc, .605. I noticed on there instuctions that you should sbf to .602. Wonder if that was my problem??? I mean the rom seems to work well for a few hours and then wham. I want to try it out again.

doniago

Reaction score
I've been using Apex for quite awhile. Tried installing MIUI yesterday, and...well, I'm glad I did a Nandroid first.

The initial install seemed to go fine. Restored from TiBu and suddenly MIUI was force-closing constantly, in, I think, Android Core or something. I'm willing to do some research when my phone glitches up, but not when I can barely do anything without a dialog box popping up.

I'm not blaming MIUI in particular...I didn't SBF or anything first, though I did do all the formatting and such. Not sure that that was good enough. I also use Go Launcher and had restored that...not sure whether that would have any bearing on the situation.

MIUI looks beautiful; I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't get past the errors long enough to appreciate it.

DonIago

nahrschnar

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem to a user who posted previously. I was looking to update MIUI on my phone; downloaded the new version, put it on my sdcard, backed up my phone, etc. However when I tried to enter recovery mode, nothing happened - my phone just rebooted. I used the reboot recovery option given when you hold down the power button (which has worked fine in the past for me on previous MIUI builds). I also used the clockwork recovery in ROM Manager, which has also worked in the past. I even went back to the Droid 2 Bootstrapper that I used before I was on MIUI, which only rebooted my phone and performed a factory wipe as well. Does anyone have any suggestions to get into recovery?

leftspin

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem to a user who posted previously. I was looking to update MIUI on my phone; downloaded the new version, put it on my sdcard, backed up my phone, etc. However when I tried to enter recovery mode, nothing happened - my phone just rebooted. I used the reboot recovery option given when you hold down the power button (which has worked fine in the past for me on previous MIUI builds). I also used the clockwork recovery in ROM Manager, which has also worked in the past. I even went back to the Droid 2 Bootstrapper that I used before I was on MIUI, which only rebooted my phone and performed a factory wipe as well. Does anyone have any suggestions to get into recovery?

You need to use the bootmenu or cat.jpg if I'm not mistaken. To use the bootmenu, reboot the phone normally and watch the notification LED. When it turns blue hit the volume down button, which will bring you to the bootmenu and let you choose to boot CWM. If you use cat.jpg, open terminal emulator, type "su" (without quotes), allow SU permissions, type "cat.jpg" (again without quotes), close terminal emulator and reboot to CWM with ROM Manager