Gallery question

soccer568

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why when I go to my gallery that I have all these random pictures?For example if I apply a theme I'll have some random pictures of the theme is there a option that will allow me just see only the pictures I've taken with my camera? I know its not a problem with miui because its done this on other roms I've used and I've never known why.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Its because some apps/themes save files to your sdcard such as images so your gallery picks them up.

Sent From My Gingerbread Droid 1

OP
S

soccer568

Reaction score
Is there a way to hide these images?

harrellj

Reaction score
Create a file called .nomedia and put it in those folders.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
S

soccer568

Reaction score
If I put these images on that folder all those random images will be put in that folder from now on correct?

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Is there a way to hide these images?

Other than deleting them I'm 99% sure you can't.

Edit: nvm guess you can. Never really looked into it.

Sent From My Gingerbread Droid 1

harrellj

Reaction score
If I put these images on that folder all those random images will be put in that folder from now on correct?

The .nomedia is a file you put in the dame folder where the mysterious images arw (gallery has their folder name). The file prevents anything media from being picked up by stock apps (so game sound files won't be in media player for instance). It doesn't block them from being used by the apps that put them there.

gwhiz377

Reaction score
When I look for the location of these files in the gallery, it tells me "unknown location". Anybody know where I can find them? Having on these show up in the gallery is really annoying. Appreciate it.

harrellj

Reaction score
When I look for the location of these files in the gallery, it tells me "unknown location". Anybody know where I can find them? Having on these show up in the gallery is really annoying. Appreciate it.

The only other way I can think of would be to mount your SD card to the computer and searching it for all picture files. However, the gallery should have the folder's name as the name for that stack of pictures too.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
I created a file called nomedia.nomedia with root explorer and droped into my sdcard/miui/theme_preview where there was a few files and it did not work for me. The pics still showed up in the gallery. Anything else?

harrellj

Reaction score
I created a file called nomedia.nomedia with root explorer and droped into my sdcard/miui/theme_preview where there was a few files and it did not work for me. The pics still showed up in the gallery. Anything else?

The file shouldn't have anything in front of the . (dot). Also, if it still doesn't work, see if an app already created one for you (my twitter app did for the avatars) and just copy that file to wherever.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
I did what you said. Just created a file called .nomedia and still does work. Then found one that one of my apps created and copied that into the folder and still doesn't work. Is this file supposed to work with PNG files?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Reboot your phone so that it rescans the entire SD card on next boot.

js0724

Reaction score
There is a great app called "StudioKUMA .nomedia Manager" in the market that makes the process much easier. You can easily add/remove .nomedia to multiple folders very easily.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk