Gallery & Picasa

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
When I open “Share” in the Gallery app, it offers Picasa in the list; however if I try choosing it, I get a Google Account Sign-In screen offering me to either create a new account or sign in to an existing one. If I attempt signing in to my primary account (the one I actually use), it tells me that this account is already present and refuses to add it. There is no option to just use the already configured account to upload to Picasa.

Is there a workaround or some kind of a fix for this?

I don't feel like creating a new Google account just to be able to upload photos to Picasa.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
When I open “Share” in the Gallery app, it offers Picasa in the list; however if I try choosing it, I get a Google Account Sign-In screen offering me to either create a new account or sign in to an existing one. If I attempt signing in to my primary account (the one I actually use), it tells me that this account is already present and refuses to add it. There is no option to just use the already configured account to upload to Picasa.

Is there a workaround or some kind of a fix for this?

I don't feel like creating a new Google account just to be able to upload photos to Picasa.

Go into accounts and sync from the settings and see if there is a picasa account set up in there.

OP
Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well like I said, I have the Google account with Picasa access set up in the phone's account list. It's my primary account; I don't have any other accounts w/Google.

There's no “Picasa” option when I want to add an account. The Picasa option in Share for the photos asks me to fill in Google account details, and then tells me this account is already present, and I know that it's present because it's what my Contacts, Calendar, and Gmail sync with.

shahm0nsterr

Reaction score
Go to Settings>Accounts> your gmail account
See if Picasa is checked.

I am not sure if the gallery app on the D2G syncs with picasa, its not the stock android gallery app.

Try searching for the stock Froyo 3d Gallery app and see if you can share it from there

crimattyple

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect to my picasa account thru the gallery app. I know I'm putting in my correct gmail address and password but it continues to say "there was an error creating your account". I can connect directly to picasa on my computer but not on the phone.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!

crimattyple

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect to my picasa account thru the gallery app. I know I'm putting in my correct gmail address and password but it continues to say "there was an error creating your account". I can connect directly to picasa on my computer but not on the phone.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!

montamat

Reaction score
Same for me

Tried deleting an MSN email account from my Android phone accounts that I also use for Google/Picasa login and retried adding Picasa account but still got "There was an error creating your account. Please try again."

gkaplan

Reaction score
I get this exact same problem and have posted on both Verizon and in Picasa forums and am getting nowhere. It is the #1 frustration I have with the device. I want to use Gallery to see the pics in Picasa, but it won't connect. What's up and who supports it?

Rjohnson3452

Reaction score
Works fine for me, I'm using the gallery app from the market. I signed into Picasa when I first setup the phone, then downloaded the"gallery" app and it automatically synced. I don't like moto's gallery, never have.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

fizband

Reaction score
I get this exact same problem and have posted on both Verizon and in Picasa forums and am getting nowhere. It is the #1 frustration I have with the device. I want to use Gallery to see the pics in Picasa, but it won't connect. What's up and who supports it?
if its pre installed app like the gallery it would be motorola, if you download an app for picasa you would have to contact the developer of that app, they have contact info on the just below app description in the market. i have the same frustration, want to use the gallery too. but mine no longer allows my to sync to fb after a factory reset.

gkaplan

Reaction score
if its pre installed app like the gallery it would be motorola, if you download an app for picasa you would have to contact the developer of that app, they have contact info on the just below app description in the market. i have the same frustration, want to use the gallery too. but mine no longer allows my to sync to fb after a factory reset.

I have not downloaded any new gallery app. It is the one that came with my BIONIC. Is there a way to check for an update to that app? The problem doesn't seem to be the gallery, rather the problem seems to be with "Adding the account to the BIONIC".

I touch on "My Accounts", then "Add account", then select "Picasa (Gallery)". After I do that, I put in my google user name and password, touch "next", and it comes back with that error.

To verify it was not a user/password problem, I tried the same user name and a bad password, and it properly complained that the password was wrong. So, I'm quite confident that it is authenticating properly, and then failing.

On my "Setup accounts", I noticed that Picasa and YouTube both have the word "(Gallery)" next to them. I wonder if those account setup icons are associated with Gallery, and if gallery was uninstalled, it would also remove those from the "Setup Accounts" screen.

gkaplan

Reaction score
Works fine for me, I'm using the gallery app from the market. I signed into Picasa when I first setup the phone, then downloaded the"gallery" app and it automatically synced. I don't like moto's gallery, never have.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

What gallery app? There are lots.

removement

Reaction score
Just Pictures and Picasa Tools are two great apps. Not sure exactly what all devices they work on but would use either over Google gallery app any day!