Gallery force close issues

droidlvr

Reaction score
Whenever I try and open he Gallery I get the force close message. But I get stuckin a loop with the message popping up all the time. The only solution I hadwas to shutdown/restart my phone. But it still comes up when I want to look at photos. I have a Droid 2.0.1 with the update. Can anyone help me out

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you took the OTA update you would be on 2.1 right now. You can see this by going to settings, about phone, firmware version.

settings/applications/manage applications/ menu-key filter-all.

Find the gallery app. make sure no defaults are setting by clearing them if the button isn't grayed out.

Maybe you grabbed an alternative gallery viewer and it is now the default and causing problems?

Back to the home screen. menukey to settings to Privacy. There is an option to do a factory reset in there. If you can't figure out which app might be causing the problem you could always reset your phone back to how it was when you first got it.

OP
D

droidlvr

Reaction score
only problem is I have a lot of stuufi wantand doing the reset will erase it all correct

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
only problem is I have a lot of stuufi wantand doing the reset will erase it all correct

depends. What is it you have that you do not want to lose? There is an app you can install that backs up your text messages. Your contacts and emails are all on gmail.com already. Anything on your sdcard does not get erased by the factory reset.