Gallery App question/suggestion

goodBEan

Reaction score
I have to ask, is the source code for the "Gallery" app (the one that comes with the roms), open source?

I would like the options in the gallery app to ignore certian folders and to change the look. I am seeing alot of app cache folders/pics in that app.

Also I have a feeling I posted this thread in the wrong place or there is already a thread bout this. I do apologize if that's the case.

mls21

Reaction score
I have to ask, is the source code for the "Gallery" app (the one that comes with the roms), open source?

I would like the options in the gallery app to ignore certian folders and to change the look. I am seeing alot of app cache folders/pics in that app.

Also I have a feeling I posted this thread in the wrong place or there is already a thread bout this. I do apologize if that's the case.

I was just thinking about this as well. I've noticed the set of folders keeps growing and growing. Last night I tried a few other apps (or look for settings to turn it off) but nothing really worked well.

Modifying this would be very nice to do...

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you want the Gallery to ignore a folder you can create an empty file called .nomedia and put it in the directory. No files in that directory or any of its subdirectories will appear in the Gallery.