Galaxy S8 Gets Display Mate's Highest Display Ranking Ever

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s8-display_main_2-jpg.77350

The Samsung Galaxy S8 may not be perfect with it's uncomfortably placed fingerprint scanner, face detection that can be tricked, and the fact that it is a bit overpriced. However the biggest change to the Galaxy lineup with the Galaxy S8 may be one of its very best features. The Infinity Display on the Galaxy S8 was just awarded the best screen ever by display rating authority Display Mate. They gave the display a rating of A+ which is their best display ranking ever.

They deemed the display the "most innovative and high performance smartphone display ever tested". Factors that contributed to this rating include the largest native color gamut, highest peak brightness, highest contrast rating in ambient light, highest contrast ratio, lowest screen reflectance, and smallest brightness variation when viewing at an angle. This coming from the 2960x1440 Super AMOLED 5.8" panel from the standard Galaxy S8. Is this incredible display enough to make you upgrade to the S8?

via Pocketnow

Attachments

• Galaxy-S8-Display_main_2.jpg
    Galaxy-S8-Display_main_2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3,609

Briankbl

Reaction score
Note 8 or bust.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
The screen looks great, looking forward to seeing what's to come for the Note 8.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

wcjeep

Reaction score
Camera is the same as S7. Why would I "upgrade"? Any S9 rumors?

sdyu

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc one m8
Anybody try the new S8?