Galaxy S6 Edge AutoBrightness Bug FIXED

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The video above demonstrates a common bug that has been reported by many Galaxy S6 Edge users. For some of you the auto brightness continues to dim the screen in the dark even if you do not have auto brightness turned on. This could be pretty frustrating if you were in a dark room, but still wanted a bright and vivid screen.

There is a fix. The fix was found by "ultimatewaffel". The fix requires a bit of mod know how, but is pretty simple. You will download the file that corresponds with your android version. One the file is downloaded you will replace the services.jar in stystem/framework with your new file. Be sure to set the permissions to rwrr and reboot your device. The bug should now be gone and your screen may be brighter than it has been in the past.

via XDA

Reactions: cr6

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've noticed my Note 5 has auto brightness issues. I tend to play a game of Hearthstone when I go to bed to rest my brain a bit and the screen doesn't dim. I'll turn off Auto and turn it back on and it goes dim.

boidsonly

Reaction score
Sad day when you spend too much money on a phone like this and Samsung drags their feet with a fix...