GALAXY S5 NFL MOBILE HELP (Verizon)

farfromu626

Reaction score
Hi All,

So NFL is back, and this season I have a galaxy s5... When I had my galaxy s3 last year, I downloaded the Mobile app and was able to stream games through Verizon. However, any time I tried to plug the games into my TV NFL's app would notify me "THIS IS NOT ALLOWED" ... well now I have a rooted GS5 and was curious if anyone has a way I can get around that parameter and stream the games from my phone? Heck I am paying the $5 a month for the app, the least they could do is not limit my use!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I know that with the new More Everything plans NFL Mobile is included. I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum!
I haven't had a problem streaming videos through the app itself., but I haven't tried connecting it to view through my tv so I can't really offer any help. Hopefully someone will have a fix for you. It could be some type of copyright issue and so that's why they have limited it to mobile viewing only.

tap'n on my S5

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The NFL and Verizon don't want you to be able to watch the content on a TV. Keeping it on mobile devices is part of the deal, which is why it won't work when you plug the phone into your TV.

One workaround is with a Chromecast. If you have one, you can simply mirror your S5 through the Chromecast on your TV, and it will show anything you bring up on your screen. I used the NFL Mobile app to watch RedZone for a while on Sunday, and I mirrored it to my TV through Chromecast with zero problems. If you don't have a Chromecast, it's definitely a worthwhile $35 investment.

Reactions: cr6

WTF??

Reaction score
So this NFL Mobile has to be paid for in addition to your plan? or have it included with the More Everything plan?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm on unlimited so I don't know about the more everything plan but yes, it's 5 bucks a month. If you want access to live video or audio of your favorite team you now have to pay extra for that.