galaxy s3 power button issues?

Rob27

Reaction score
So within the past few days my blue galaxy s3 has been having power button issues. Its become very sensitive. So sensitive that anytime my finger passes by the button it goes to my lock screen. Also after I'm done using it I press the power button to put it to hybernate it will light up again and will consistently do that. It has gotten worst and worst. I'm hoping I've had this phone for less then a year incase their is a serious problem. I was thinking about taking it apart and seeing if maybe the power button is getting stuck. It feels slightly loose but has always felt like that since I got it. If anyone knows about this and can give me some information about how to fix it I'd be more then grateful.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Sounds like a hardware problem. Like the tab that is supposed to push the button back out is bent or broken. My button is not loose at all. I would suggest taking it to wherever you bought it, or to your carrier and have them take a look at it. Taking it apart yourself is a great way to void any warranty, and you will be up a creek if you cant fix it yourself, or put it back together. I would save that for a last resort option.

brisa117

Reaction score
Sorry to dig this thread up, but my situation is identical to what you're describing. I've been putting up with it for over a month now! I took my phone apart, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The only thing that I'll add is that if some apps are running that normally prevent the phone from sleeping -- in my case a remote PC mouse/keyboard app -- the lock screen will stay lit indefinitely after locking from this problem. This makes me wonder if it's a corrupt software issue.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?