Galaxy S2 coming to Verizon in July!!!!!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Woot....going to get this phone and give it a whirl. Don't care if it's LTE or not, it just seems to have the sweet spot in performance, battery life, design, screen, etc.

Wife just got a DX2, and I have a feeling she may end up switching to the Galaxy as well...

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea this is one phone that can not have 4g and I would still be happy...but hopefully it does have 4g.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the SGS2 will have a better screen than the Bionic.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the SGS2 will have a better screen than the Bionic.

Overall the Superamoled screens are generally described as the best screens available at the moment on Android phones (as good or better than the iPhone screen)...there are issues w/blue tint on white backgrounds on the Fascinate and maybe on the Charge as well, but those can evidently be resolved via SW fixes that devs have made avaialble...

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung gave a S2 to a developer at Cyanogen already. The SuperAmoled screen on my fassy is awesome. I have a kernel though that fixes color a little, but the screen is still great stock.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow...that's a let down. :( Gonna need some chocolate or beer or crack to get over this.

Masamichi7

Reaction score
UGH. Agreed with above post.. now I need some serious intoxication to get over this letdown haha :( oh well.. this is the one phone I think may be worth breaking my wallet apart for. I personally like the Touchwiz 4.0 version soooo much more than the previous version on the Charge, and it makes me wonder if I'll even need to ROM it really.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will be a great out of the box phone hopefully. I hope we get some more details on it soon. It is worth waiting for, but I am getting impatient.

Masamichi7

Reaction score
At least with the delay, it makes it slightly more likely it may launch with LTE. Hopefully, but then again, 4G isn't fully stable yet in most areas.
I'm glad to see that the camera on it isn't nearly as dull as Samsungs earlier phones.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they can use the Charge as a base to figure out how to put 4g in the S2.

Also does anyone know if it will have hdmi mirroring via that micro usb/hdmi or just streaming of media?

Sent from my fascinate