Galaxy S Replaced With SL... Super LCD Based Device

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

The Galaxy S line of phones has been known for quite some time as the best of the best in Super AMOLED display based phones. That may change with this announcement. The new Samsung Galaxy SL version of the phone has a Super LCD display rather than the AMOLED display that originally came with the phone at launch. The phone also switches processors from Samsung’s own Hummingbird processor to a TI OMAP chip that’s clocked at the very same 1GHz speed. So far, it is just showing up in the Asian and Middle East markets.

What do you guys think of the new phone? Are these changes welcomed or do you love your standard Galaxy S device? Anyone still a fan of Samsung out there?

Source (Samsung GT-I9003 Goes Official as Samsung Galaxy SL, Super LCD Isn’t the Only Difference | Android Phone Fans)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
This sounds VERY unlike Samsung. Why would they do this? I could see the display, perhaps, but the processor?? Something's fishy here...

DaWolf85

Reaction score
This sounds VERY unlike Samsung. Why would they do this? I could see the display, perhaps, but the processor?? Something's fishy here...

It's cheaper, probably.
I doubt they want to waste money on things they'll never update :p

adjangs

Reaction score
I'm guessing the changes have been made to shift production capacity toward other products.

moosez3

Reaction score

doubt it will happen for the US phones, unless it will sell as a cheap alternative...

joker402

Reaction score
From reading other articles, this olny effects German, Russian and another country (its late cant remember) but the reason be hind the change is because they are using the SAMOLED screens on the new glaxay 2. My understanding is that the current Glaxay S is not in these counrtys but not 100% on that.