Galaxy S II

Cloud3

Reaction score
Samsung has revealed galaxy s II with gingerbread and by the looks of it, it's gonna come out before we get 2.3 for our fascinate. does anyone know if it will come to verizon? I saw that it is hspa instead of cdma so am wondering

-Cloud

wolfman4u

Reaction score
If you have a fascinate you will never taste gingerbread 2.3

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

GDP

Reaction score
If you have a fascinate you will never taste gingerbread 2.3

Based on Samsungs lack of interest in keeping their phones equipped with the latest version of Android, I would agree with you. However, the Fascinate is certainly capable of running gingerbread so you never know

Reaction score
Cloud, you are being sarcastic correct? 2.3 might as well 4.0 because it will never be on the fascinate. At least via Samsung. Anyway, there is the Samsung Stealth that will be on Verizon.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'd take this phone with 2.2 : )

The best Android device of the year. Right next to the LG Optimus 3D.

I want this handset.....BAD!

OP
C

Cloud3

Reaction score
I'm talking about second gen galaxy s.

-Cloud

shdowman

Reaction score
It'll come to VZW, just got to wait for them to bloat the crap out of it. Stock 2.2...you bet I would get it as well.

As mentioned though, once this is released, kiss all updates for fascinate good-bye (not that its getting any anyways..)

shdowman

Reaction score
Not to mention, the Stealth is coming. Which is a minor update to the fascinate (but with 4G) might diminish chances of us VZW users getting a galaxy s 2 for quite a while....

Fascinate user

Reaction score
Well, those r pretty strong words about the fascinate never seeing gingerbread, seeing how I was told by 4 different samsung reps that if froyo couldnt get the bugs worked out they would be making the jump to gingerbread. Some people think that no phone is better than theirs huh, gees

Reaction score
Verizon will or if not already abandon the Fascinate for the 4g phones. It will probably see some sort of 2.2 official release but it ends there unfortunately.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well, those r pretty strong words about the fascinate never seeing gingerbread, seeing how I was told by 4 different samsung reps that if froyo couldnt get the bugs worked out they would be making the jump to gingerbread. Some people think that no phone is better than theirs huh, gees

You shouldn't believe everything reps tell you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Fascinate user

Reaction score
The reason I believe in what reps at samsung say is because when I first heard of the rumor on 2.2 coming for my phone in february they said it wasn't true, and guess what, it wasn't. They also were the ones that told me of the updates that were pushed to the fascinate phones recently and thats how I knew they were coming before verizon even sent them out. It's not that I don't need to believe what I'm told, others need to be patient and be thankful they have a phone to start with, there are lots of people out there that can't afford phones like the ones you, I and others on these forums have.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The reason I believe in what reps at samsung say is because when I first heard of the rumor on 2.2 coming for my phone in february they said it wasn't true, and guess what, it wasn't. They also were the ones that told me of the updates that were pushed to the fascinate phones recently and thats how I knew they were coming before verizon even sent them out. It's not that I don't need to believe what I'm told, others need to be patient and be thankful they have a phone to start with, there are lots of people out there that can't afford phones like the ones you, I and others on these forums have.

Most people knew about those updates before they were pushed out so that's not really anything special. If someone had asked me if the update for the Fascinate was going to be out in February I also would have said no just from going on past history. You should ask them when the next update is coming and the whether it will be Froyo or Gingerbread and see what they say. As for being patient and thankful, yes I'm thankful I have a phone but I can afford whatever phone I want so having one isn't too big of a deal. I think people have been patient enough waiting for the update to be honest. That update should have been out a while ago.