Samsung Galaxy S ii will release in April, really?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
[FONT=&quot]Samsung Galaxy S ii will release in April, really?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]We now know that the Samsung Galaxy S II will be running at a faster speed with the introduction of a bigger dual core processor, but could this addition to the phone mean delays to its release.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] With concerns that the release of the Samsung Galaxy S II could be delayed until after April. However, in the first of a two part tweet yesterday from Samsung, coming to us by way of Engadget the company stated that the “Samsung Galaxy S II will be first released in April, as planned.”, which should have ease our fears a bit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The second part of the tweet stated “It (Samsung Galaxy S II) will be gradually rolled out in each market according to the local launch timetable.” Thus, indicating that some places may see the Android device sometime in April, whereby others may just have to wait that little bit longer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Samsung-Galaxy-ii-will-release-in-April-really-1-300x218.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well, as there is still no definite date of when the Samsung Galaxy S II will be in our area.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]What are your views, do you think we will see the Galaxy S II in April?[/FONT]

Chubbydog

Reaction score
I'm guessin it comes out 1st in Europe somewhere, and the states won't see it till end of May, or early June. JMO though!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm just wondering what it will launch with first. The Tegra or the Exynos?

Regardless, the wait is brutal : ) I'm hoping we see it on VZW in May/June

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Still curious to know about LTE on the phone. That seems to be the vague point. I just don't see them releasing without it, but you never know.

It seems that is the logical next step up for it (Fascinate's replacement) and from everything I've seen and read that seems to be the case.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Still curious to know about LTE on the phone. That seems to be the vague point. I just don't see them releasing without it, but you never know.

It seems that is the logical next step up for it (Fascinate's replacement) and from everything I've seen and read that seems to be the case.

I've been digging around online for a while and I want to know which carriers are getting it and if it's an LTE phone. The only info I can find, where anyone mentions any specifics, all say HSPA+/HSUPA, EDGE, GSM, and UMTS. Is Verizon's LTE the same as UMTS?

I'm confused... I feel like I'm missing something. Am I misunderstanding something? I don't know my alphabet soup!!!!! HELP!

creaky

Reaction score
Evidently it's being released is South Korea first:

Samsung Galaxy S2 to make Korea debut in late April | AndroidOS.in

Afterwards, let's hope for a VZW release soon after - on a 1-yr contract! (OK, I can dream, right....)

Yes it's nice to dream....now let me kill it for you lol

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ue-1-year-contracts-effective-april-17-a.html

Yeah, I've been following that depressing thread. As long as I was dreaming, I figured I'd just go for it! Thanks Dream - uh, I mean - Cereal Killer!

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
My guess is it wont be anytime soon--at least not April to mid May. If the Charge has accessories showing up, then Verizon wont be releasing a phone like this to compete with part of their Droid lineup, and another Samsung phone to boot. Samsung nor Verizon would win on that.

chuckz28

Reaction score
If this phone actually comes to Verizon it will likely be the replacement for my OG Droid and the wife's Eris. That is a big IF it comes to Verizon. Have we gotten anything other than the inaccurate or possibly fake roadmap confirming it? I hope it is coming and I hope it will be LTE because everything else about it sounds great. Wasn't Verizon one of the last carriers to get the original galaxy series?

allan1313

Reaction score
I really like the looks and specs of the phone, but I still need some concrete info that it is coming to Verizon in May/June or I might have to jump on the bionic.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what it will launch with first. The Tegra or the Exynos?

Regardless, the wait is brutal : ) I'm hoping we see it on VZW in May/June

The U.S. version is supposed to feature the Exynos.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums