Galaxy Nexus

Don't get me wrong...iPhone is pretty.

I just don't like the marginal upgrades on each new device. The 4s has the same amount of ram as did the 4. 512 mb is not great . Its not going to allow for a lot of background services without eventually kicking something out of ram which will cause multitasking to suffer. Sure...it can multitask though.

Specs are not impressive. Screen is too small for my liking. 512 mb ram...800mhz dual core. Not really cutting edge spec wise. All I hear apple fans say to make up for this shortcoming is it doesn't need it because its soooooo optimized.

In also prefer an open platform. Apple doesn't offer that.

:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Incorrect, yet again. Not monthly. Yearly. Not so much different than Google, actually. A bit pricier.

This is not for phones is it? Source for the Google storage pic? I'd like to look into what that's fir

This is not for phones is it? Source for the Google storage pic? I'd like to look into what that's fir

That's for: "Google storage is shared between Gmail, Picasa Web Albums, and Google Docs. You get extra space in all these services, in addition to your current free quota."

I believe all cell phones suck on call quality, at least most of the time.

If you want to tinker you buy android. If you just want to use you buy apple. Both are quality, it just depends on how involved you want to get in the os.

I do have to agree that all apple products, minus the phone, are overpriced. Although even saying that is wrong because as long as the market bears it they are priced right. I own an ipad2, tv, and a touch, but I did feel like I got robbed when I bought them, although I do like them very much. However my phone has to be android, way to much fun to tinker. My wife however has to have an iPhone 4s, does not want to tinker and all of her girlfriends have them.

My opinion on the phones:
iPhone is for girls and grandparents.
Android is for men and cool tinkering chicks.

Just my 2 cents. We need them both so they will both get better.

GNEX RULES!!!

That's for: "Google storage is shared between Gmail, Picasa Web Albums, and Google Docs. You get extra space in all these services, in addition to your current free quota."

Well I looked into it anyway...its 7.5+ gb for Gmail...1gb picasa and 1 gb docs. Not including the 20k song storage for music. That's still nearly double apples free limit.

And it works on non apple devices...does yours?

And it syncs wirelessly throughout the day without being plugged in.....does yours?

And do you need a wifi connection to sync while charging?

you can always do what I did, and lots of others.

Have a droid phone, get an iPad or iPod touch. That way you have the glory of both OS's.

Well I looked into it anyway...its 7.5+ gb for Gmail...1gb picasa and 1 gb docs. Not including the 20k song storage for music. That's still nearly double apples free limit.

And it works on non apple devices...does yours?

And it syncs wirelessly throughout the day without being plugged in.....does yours?

And do you need a wifi connection to sync while charging?

We're talking about two different things. There's syncing to iCloud (Contacts, Documents, Photos, etc), that happens realtime, like you describe.

The other thing you get with Apple/iCloud that Google doesn't currently offer, is the full system backup (which does only occur automatically when on wifi and plugged in, or at any time you choose manually). That's where Google needs to step up and improve. I'd like to be able to restore my Nexus to the EXACT state from a backup if I choose. Currently it can't do that. It can do it to an extent, and for some apps, but only if they store their data a certain way, etc. And it doesn't restore my home screens as I had them either.

you can always do what I did, and lots of others.

Have a droid phone, get an iPad or iPod touch. That way you have the glory of both OS's.

I have an itouch . I've also had shuffle... iPod video..and nano. and they have all frozen on me at some point. Requiring me to turn hold on and off and hold menu and down to reset. ( don't remember the exact method. Don't use them much really.

The validation some people need to prove to themselves they bought the right phone is honestly just laughable at times but it's also quite sad that people feel the need to hate a tech product simply because it's not their cup of tea. Whatever have fun hating and I will go enjoy the things I own and the things I do. Far better to look for the good than to always focus on the bad!

Shrug. Different strokes for different folks. I use my iPad for a bigger screen and browsing the web when I don't wanna get on my computer. Playing games and using apps that aren't on Android, and an E-Reader. I LOVE my GNex, but I still prefer having an iOS device even if isn't 3G, I can Tether and make it 3G :)

I believe all cell phones suck on call quality, at least most of the time.

If you want to tinker you buy android. If you just want to use you buy apple. Both are quality, it just depends on how involved you want to get in the os.

I do have to agree that all apple products, minus the phone, are overpriced. Although even saying that is wrong because as long as the market bears it they are priced right. I own an ipad2, tv, and a touch, but I did feel like I got robbed when I bought them, although I do like them very much. However my phone has to be android, way to much fun to tinker. My wife however has to have an iPhone 4s, does not want to tinker and all of her girlfriends have them.

My opinion on the phones:
iPhone is for girls and grandparents.
Android is for men and cool tinkering chicks.

Just my 2 cents. We need them both so they will both get better.

GNEX RULES!!!

Lol..i dk bro I saw this douche at work talking out loud to his siri girl walking in from the parking lot....in front of everyone lol. Reminded me of that commercial of the guy jogging and talking ...dead serous expression. Kills me every time.

Ok girls and girlymen.

You don't have any idea what you're talking about, so I'll just say that you need to do some research or have real-world use before speaking. iPhones do not drop calls any more often than Android phones. You must be an AT&T user?

No I'm not.

My friend with a 4s was talking to me about how cool the notification center is. And I'm sitting there with a nexus in my hand. And he's like maybe android did it first but we perfected it.

Apples innovation is replication.

I freaking love my bionic. Therefore I don't care what anyone else likes. If you like the iPhone, good! If you like Android, cool! Doesn't effect me one iota either way. I'm just grateful for a plethora of great electronic devices to choose from.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The iPhone is like the dumb blonde of the cell phone world, pretty to look at, but not very good at much else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Back