Galaxy nexus vs Samsung stratosphere speed test

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Notice I said the stratosphere is still using Gingerbread? Meaning it's already been optimized.

hydro556

Reaction score
How can you use a contradictory statement. The nexus just came out. So did the stratosphere.

Your reasoning doesn't justify the differences to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Pretty sure he is referring to the OS on the Stratosphere. Been refined for a long time, vs the brand new OS on the GN.

I wouldnt worry too much about these numbers on a brand new phone. Be happy you have 4g and watch as it gets faster ans faster with refinement.

Reaction score
That's not true. I had a razr and speed wise the nexus is slower. And I am hoping for an improvement.

I can't brag about a phone that does worse on a speed test than a more inferior phones.

What's not true ? You've got a better phone that gets speed beyond what you could possibly need. Where's the problem ?

If it is a problem then return your Nexus and get a Razr.

nbucko

Reaction score
Like others have said the nexus is using a brand new os. Give them some time to work on it and things will get better. Also, don't be surprised to get different speeds on two phones that are in close proximity to each other. I did a speed test sitting on the couch and got 22mb down. Moved 5 feet to the chair and got 41mb.

TSXXX

Reaction score
I've been getting a consistent 25 down from my Nexus.

Detonation

Reaction score
Well the first thing I noticed is that you're testing against two different severs (Richmond vs Washington) which means you can't really make a conclusion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
that doesn't mean anything as other phones could be pulling 50mbps in same area.

i've experienced same results comparing nexus vs thunderbolt. nexus won't register speeds higher then 12-15mbps in our house while thunderbolt constantly stays in 20-24mbps range.

I don't care if my nexus gets half the speed of my old thunderbolt. This phone is ten times better in every other sense. I don't care if I get 2 mpbs less on it. And for the record this phone loads pages way faster and is far superior to every other phone in browsing.

So comparing 10 mbps to 15 is pointless if this phone is great in every other sense.

Not to mention service is ten times better.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Well the first thing I noticed is that you're testing against two different severs (Richmond vs Washington) which means you can't really make a conclusion.

+1, this test is meaningless without the same conditions.

Reaction score
When I was in the VZW store they lined up 5 phones and ran the speed test on all simultaneously.

The GNX only got around 6 down. All the others were getting 12-18. Later I went back and picked the phone up of it's base (in the store). Now it got 18 down. Back on the stand/base and it was back down to 6.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score

That different server conclusion is bull.

I've run several speed tests on different servers with the same end result.

Creed

Reaction score
That different server conclusion is bull.

I've run several speed tests on different servers with the same end result.

You seem to stick to your guns despite there being very reasonable arguments against what you say. What would you like people to say?

I mean should the response be, "Omg! Wow, this phone sucks! Thank you for making us realize this..."

The Nexus is brand new, on a new operating system, connected to a different server than your stratosphere and for some reason the numbers are different? Go figure!

Yes, the Nexus does not have stellar radios but that will change with software updates. I am not sure what you are trying to prove outside of what you already posted.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I don't care if my nexus gets half the speed of my old thunderbolt. This phone is ten times better in every other sense. I don't care if I get 2 mpbs less on it. And for the record this phone loads pages way faster and is far superior to every other phone in browsing.

So comparing 10 mbps to 15 is pointless if this phone is great in every other sense.

My service hasn't been better.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

verizon will see that and say "hey look they don't care about speed of service, lets release next lte device capped at 5mpbs". then what? are you still going to sing the same tune? in my opinion all lte phones should be performing within 10% of each other speed wise not 40-50%.

op has a valid point, lets not get on his case because it wasn't a perfect lab type test environment.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
You seem to stick to your guns despite there being very reasonable arguments against what you say. What would you like people to say?

I mean should the response be, "Omg! Wow, this phone sucks! Thank you for making us realize this..."

The Nexus is brand new, on a new operating system, connected to a different server than your stratosphere and for some reason the numbers are different? Go figure!

Yes, the Nexus does not have stellar radios but that will change with software updates. I am not sure what you are trying to prove outside of what you already posted.

I can't respond to peoples messages? I'm speaking on why I posted this.