Fusion ROM (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

roberj13

Reaction score
Fusion ROM (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible update 1/8

Fusion-INC-beta-15
FusionICE-INC-beta-1

New features:
-Updated to Android 2.3.2
-several bugfixes were included in this but mainly fixes the SMS bug.
-Rotary lockscreen (optional)
-Trackpad wake feature (cm)
-Trackpad and menu button unlock feature (cm)
-Electron beam animations for screen wake on sleep (optional)
-Volume button music track skip (cm)
-Lockscreen music controls (kmobs)
-Blinking notifications (cyanogen)
-Working 8MP camera and high quality camcorder (no 720 yet)
-Wifi tether and USB tether now working (slayher)
-Some adjustments to the kernel for hopefully better battery life and stability.

About the kernel:
The kernel is based on slayher's CyanogenMod kernel. It is 2.6.32.17 with .35 backports for USB mounting. Then I added HAVS (hybrid adaptive voltage scaling) and the smartass governor for better battery life and performance. This is a kernel that will boot up with a 128MHz-998MHz. You can enable overclocking with either SetCPU or DroidOverclock from the market to 1.152GHz. If you want/need to try another kernel make sure that it is specifically made for Gingerbread or you WILL LOSE USB MOUNTING. So far right now I know of only a few. Jdkoreclipse's kernel can be found on this forum, Tiamat's kernel can be found on xda, and lastly the stock CM7 kernel from Slayher. As far as I know invisiblek's kernel has not been updated to support Gingerbread yet.

ICE features:
Anything that was green or orange (yellow) in framework is now BLUE.
Blue market by pendo via xda
Updated blue google apps

So this was supposed to be released about 2 weeks ago but I kept pushing things back because I am a perfectionist and I wanted the ICE version to be done before the release of the next beta. SO...here it is. I am very proud of these two ROM's and a lot of work has gone into them to make them as bugfree and fast as possible. More work to be done of course, but there will probably be only one more beta before I will finally have to settle in on an actual release schedule. So flash away guys unless you guys find a critical critical bug then this will probably be the version that stays for about another 2 weeks or so.

Thanks go to:
CyanogenMod team, cvpcs, slayher, koush, kookahdoo, jasonppp, sneaky_zekey, all of Team Fusion, my wife for putting up with me going to sleep at 3 am every morning then listening to me tell her I am tired the next day.

SCREENSHOTS:

Coming Soon
Coming Soon

ICE

Coming Soon
Coming Soon

----DOWNLOADS-----

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

---Instructions---

For those interested kernel source IS on github now, http://github.com/roberj13, the rest is being worked on.

Last edited:

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
good job roberj13, its nice and smooth. its a great start of a nice rom. cant wait to see you advance it farther then the other GB roms that are out there. ill edit this post if i find other bugs,right now im still setting up everything

bump

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Makes me wish I had a Dinc. :(

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
On beta3 I seemed to have broken sound while fixing something else.

Making a new build now so I would hold off flashing unless your super curious..

jr313

Reaction score
Its working perfect bro...but now no sound..lmao..but its really fast and smooth as butter keep up the good work! Ill b waiting for the audio fix..

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
nice d1 and dinc is covered whats next lol

great job roberj

Last edited:

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
I think OP is a machine. Already on beta 3 and fixed bugs. Its only been a few days since the public beta release. Great job. Thanks for doing what you do. I know it gets frustrating.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Sneaky I uploaded a new file, as I fixed audio no one told me the camcorder was broken (never use it), and I had somehow broken USB mounting again. This new version should finally have everything working again. Next beta will have some new features :)

drrickryp

Reaction score
fc on all installations.

I cant seem to get this Rom to work right. I can't restore my files because I can't get Titanium to install. Actually, i cant get anything to install. I wiped everything and started fresh. Used CM to install the zip and there were no glitches on that end. Any Ideas why I am getting FC on every app installation?

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
So you are using beta 6 correct? I haven't been able to duplicate the issue.

Just to be sure you are wiping data and then installing the ROM.

Have you tried installing the rom booting and the going back to recovery to install the gapps

While I haven't gotten any FC's I have notices that the setup wizard is still buggy one of the things I'm looking at is when the system first boots up there is still alot going on boot wise and the setupwizard wants to wait for some of it to get done.

Everytome I try to get the setup wizard to push through the mud and go faster I end up getting a force close from the wizard and have to start over.

For right now I would recommend letting the phone not and sit there for about 2 minutes until trying to go through the wizard. I have a new gapps package that is working better but am still testing everything. I will release it if it is indeed better..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

drrickryp

Reaction score
Thanks, I persisted and tried again. It seems to have paid off, thanks for the help.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'm installing it right now on my Dinc. I have high hopes for a roberj13 rom & theme, so I'll let you know how it turns out. Thought for the future - can you port Alternate Dark Theme to the Incredible?

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
The installation was flawless - even though the wipe of data and cache is a PITA - Titanium reinstalled everything in a short time. This rom is QUICK, and I really like it! :)

Thanks for returning to the scene, Roberj, and giving us this excellent rom & theme that I'm in the midst of playing with and learning about.

-Mike