Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

Kitten Mittens

Reaction score
This is my first post, I just wanted to say thanks for the awesome ROM, I'm using the ICE version and it looks great. I've tried a few gingerbread ROMs before just to check it out but I didn't know how I would feel about leaving sense behind. I finally decided to give gingerbread a go again with this ROM and I love it, I'm definitely going to keep it on for good. I've had a perfectly smooth experience with it, the only things I've really noticed is that the stock launcher seems a little choppy switching between screens compared to launcher pro but I'm sure that's just how it is with stock android, not specific to this ROM. Also, I installed Wireless Tether with my other backed up apps just because I didn't realize there was a tethering app built in to the settings, so I was going to uninstall Wireless Tether after reading here that people had problems with it, but for some reason the built in "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" wasn't working for me, and Wireless Tether worked fine, however I tested it again just now and it seems to work fine without giving me the errors like it was before, so nothing to worry about.

Edit: It seems the stock camera app takes really low quality pictures compared to the HTC app and all the quality settings were already maxed out by default, highest resolution etc. Is this a known problem with the stock app? Should I just look for a better camera app in the market or what?

Edit 2: Where is the bootanimation.zip located? I want to change it but I can't seem to find the directory it's in.

Last edited:

givmedew

Reaction score
Just for ha ha's I loaded my stock backup on the phone and I can pair again.. is def something in the software but not sure what to look for to troubleshoot it.

Not sure if this is the case but your TOM TOM is probably trying to use other BT Profiles for starters I am not certain but I believe that TOM TOM uses Handsfree Profile (HFP) vs most bluetooth headsets I think use Headset Profile (HSP)

I am no expert but I believe the difference is fairly significant and I believe alot of highend headsets have both profiles and the reason they have both is to fall back on HSP incase the phone doesn't support HFP.

I think some older cars and maybe your TOM TOM only have HFP

HFP is compatible with most newer phones especially the your phone HOWEVER with these unfinished /beta roms this is obviously not a highly tested profile and if it doesn't work it won't be on the top of the list for the developer unless he owns a nice car.

I could be totally wrong but it might be the reason?

My guess that top priority as far is testing BT on a rom is

#1 HSP
And a very very far behind #2nd would be A2DP then #3rd DUN then #4th FTP+OBEX

And since most car manufactures and cell phone manufactures can't get there ducks in line with HFP my guess is thats your issue!

hunt9270

Reaction score
This is just an FYI for some of the questions i've seen on the thread and something i just recently (as in like 10 minutes ago) discovered about the wifi tether for fusion ice. Barnacle wifi tether does work for this rom. I'm using the wifi connection on my laptop right now thru barnacle tether. I was disappointed to find out the actual wifi tether app didn't work as i really like having the access control feature. But now barnacle tether does work. So yay!

hunt9270

Reaction score
So does anyone know how to get the superuser icon to go back to the ninja it originally was? I like that much more than the skull and cross bones it got changed to when I downloaded this rom

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

razor2006

Reaction score
So does anyone know how to get the superuser icon to go back to the ninja it originally was? I like that much more than the skull and cross bones it got changed to when I downloaded this rom

The icon is different because this is a newer version of the app.

hunt9270

Reaction score
Ok so is there any way to change it back to the ninja??

razor2006

Reaction score
Ok so is there any way to change it back to the ninja??

Not to my knowledge. Not saying it's not possible, but I don't think it is. Unless perhaps you install the older version of the app, but then again, I don't know if that is even possible.

hunt9270

Reaction score
Yeah I tried to even uninstall the updates on the app. Didn't work

razor2006

Reaction score
Yeah I tried to even uninstall the updates on the app. Didn't work

Kind of what I had expected. I think you're kind of limited to what you can do with stuff that's baked into the ROM. After installing the latest invisiblek kernel, Torch FCs when I try to use it, tried messing with it a bit, but it doesn't seem that I can do much with it. Can't uninstall it either. Could probably freeze with Titanium Backup, but I didn't install it when I loaded this ROM since I had used it to freeze all the bloatware when I was just rooted running the stock ROM. Then again, didn't really need to because this ROM has no bloatware. That's really all I had used it for anyway was to freeze the bloatware.

hunt9270

Reaction score
I guess ill just do some more research and see what I can find

hunt9270

Reaction score
Yeah the process seems somewhat technical, but I should be able to get it done. Thanks for the help!

JayBTV

Reaction score
Hello, Really dig this ROM. Been running it since late January without too many issues. Just curious though will there be an update anytime soon? I've been following this thread and haven't seen any info. Roberj13 was listed in ROM manager (he said the next version might be in there) but now he's not. While the ROM is working pretty well I still do get odd reboots every few day and the video camera works very sluggishly (bad frame rate or something). I've been hoping a new version might fix these issues.... Thanks for any insight! -Jay

Kitten Mittens

Reaction score
Hello, Really dig this ROM. Been running it since late January without too many issues. Just curious though will there be an update anytime soon? I've been following this thread and haven't seen any info. Roberj13 was listed in ROM manager (he said the next version might be in there) but now he's not. While the ROM is working pretty well I still do get odd reboots every few day and the video camera works very sluggishly (bad frame rate or something). I've been hoping a new version might fix these issues.... Thanks for any insight! -Jay

Yeah photo quality is pretty bad but still somewhat usable, however the video camera is horrible, looks like 6 frames a second at best and also won't do 720p, but that's not really needed, would be nice extra but the framerate needs a fix asap. Really kind of disappointed about that, but everything else is great, love it.

ChelseaBlue

Reaction score
hey Im not sure if its been talked about but im curious as to whether or not the visual voicemail is in there somewhere? I used it before but now everytime i check my vm I get 3 messages about vm activity