Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

srs310

Reaction score
Just rooted my Inc so i could get this rom and I am certainly not disappointed, this is great!
My only question to those of you who have had your phones rooted, what is something I should do now that I have a rooted inc? are there some apps that i should get or what? what should i do to further personalize my phone and possibly make it faster? Thanks for any advise as you can see i'm new to the whole rooting thing. dancedroid

zerocool

Reaction score
Wireless Tethering Issue

I'm loving the rom and am anticipating further updates. I would just like to say that I am having problems with the known wireless tethering issue. I have rebooted, re-wiped/flashed, and reinstalled the tethering app to no avail. The standalone wireless works just fine without tether. I appreciate all your work!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Just rooted my Inc so i could get this rom and I am certainly not disappointed, this is great!
My only question to those of you who have had your phones rooted, what is something I should do now that I have a rooted inc? are there some apps that i should get or what? what should i do to further personalize my phone and possibly make it faster? Thanks for any advise as you can see i'm new to the whole rooting thing. dancedroid
You certainly want to pick up Root Explorer from the Market. It's a paid app (couple of bucks, if I remember), but worth it's weight in gold. Same goes for Titanium Backup Pro. Again, go for the paid (donate) version, as it's faster and has better features available. Speaking of speed, you can also pick up SetCPU, if you think you'd like to try overclocking your Dinc. I have it on all three of my Droid phones, but have kind of gotten away from using it much.

HTH,

-Mike

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
You certainly want to pick up Root Explorer from the Market. It's a paid app (couple of bucks, if I remember), but worth it's weight in gold. Same goes for Titanium Backup Pro. Again, go for the paid (donate) version, as it's faster and has better features available. Speaking of speed, you can also pick up SetCPU, if you think you'd like to try overclocking your Dinc. I have it on all three of my Droid phones, but have kind of gotten away from using it much.

HTH,

-Mike

Agree. SetCPU, Root Explorer, and Titanium Backup Pro are some of the best apps out there for root. You should also pick up Wireless Teather. Makes teathering so much easier but I don't know if it is working in this ROM yet. I will find out tomorrow.

P.S.
Where is the Dev? He hasn't posted in a while.

EDIT: Side note: SetCPU doesn't actually overclock the CPU. It just enables you to set the CPU clock speeds. You will need a different Kernel that supports higher speeds to overclock. This ROMs Kernel is overclocked to 1.2GHz i beleve but if you want more you will have to get a new Kernel. (Be careful when overclocking with a different Kernel. You could have a ton of issues if your phones hardware can't support the higher speeds/heat.)

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Cannibal is completely right about the kernels and SetCPU. I should have mentioned that in my earlier post. My only point about SetCPU was that I've tended to get away from engaging in pushing the speed limit with my phones, and concentrate on having other features that are more important to me - stable roms that run smooth and don't heat up or do strange things like random reboots, F/C and so on. I've kind of lost my "Need For Speed" I guess. :)

-Mike

dayusmc

Reaction score
Love it, but it needs a couple of things....

I have been using UD 2.5 for awhile now and it was great. A couple of things I couldn't live with (The red thin font on the keyboard suggestions was way to hard to read, and the keyboard being all black with no spaces between the keys) so I decided to try this one...

So far it is GREAT!! Super fast, not bloatware and great battery life. But it really needs a couple of things:
1) Battery percentage on battery icon at top and on lock screen under time and date. Maybe make it so it can be turned on off under the "Fusion settings" tab.
2) Adjustable Power control widget. If it could be configerabal, like being able to decide what is on it. I only want 2 things on it, but everyone is different.
3) Widget to turn on/off Wi-Fi Tethering, going into settings-Wireless & networks - Tethering & portable hotspot settings is a bit much to turn it on and off. Like the Wireless Tethering app has.

Thank you for a great ROM!!

One question on the wireless tethering that is built into this ROM. This is the one that you don't get charge for using right?

SmithTech

Reaction score
FusionICE = Best Rom

Let me first say the FusionICE is the BEST ROM I have tried so far, and I have tried several.

I do have a couple requests/suggestions.

I would like to add my vote for the option to have the battery percentage in the task bar. Preferably with the circle indicator I've seen in a couple other Roms.

Can you make the widget selection screen like cyanogens where it groups the widgets by app name and the widgets are in a sub menu. I find this to work extremely well particularly if you use apps like desktop visualizer that have several widgets, it doesn't clutter up the main widget selection window.

Can you make the timeout on the lock screen just a little bit longer? Its just a tad bit to short before the screen goes black after pushing the power button.

Thanks so much for an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC ROM!!

Last edited:

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Just confirmed. Wireless Tether is not working for me. In fact, WiFi is not working at all. Whenever I go into settings and click the check box next to Enable WiFi it immediately says error and never turns WiFi on.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'm experiencing no problems using wifi. But then, I have a private wifi network, and don't need any of my phones to be the base - just the receivers. All three phones access my wifi setup without problems.

-Mike

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Hrmm... not sure why mine isn't working. I am going to try a full wipe and fresh install soon. Hopefully that will take care of the issue.

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Just did a fresh install after wiping twice and WiFi is now working. Maybe my other issues cleared up as well.

EDIT: Just tried wireless tether and it isn't working. After I tried that I went in to make sure that WiFi was working and it was giving me the same problem as before. Rebooted the phone and WiFi is working again. Looks like it is just WiFi tethering that isn't working.

Last edited:

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
I thought the open said to use the native tethering.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using DroidForums App

srs310

Reaction score
One problem I am having is that my home button does not work. It has become virtually useless, is there a setting that I can change this at or did I do something wrong in the set up process? Thanks

* Disregard.. I just reinstalled the rom and it works correctly now

Last edited:

nismith8

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I've been using this rom for quite a while now and absolutely love it. Great job. The only thing that bugs me is my camcorder only works in low quality. If I flip it to high, the video it records is choppy. Anyone else experience this or have a fix? BTW I am using invisiblek #28 with this, working beautifully.