Full 2.2.1(2.3.320) sbf

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
I applied 2.2.1 yesterday but lost root access. For some reason I cant get root access back. I have tried doroot and the one click root and neither one of them seem to root. I have a full nandroid backup but cant access it since I dont have root access anymore so my bootstrapper doesnt work right now :( any ideas on how to get root access back? I didnt use the update.zip method so I think my update.zip would be my original...dont know how that works, did it get replaced with the new version when I flashed it over? I guess I could experiment with the stock bootloader and see if it flashes back to 2.2 :( I just hate not having root access because now I am kind of limited on what I can do

Do not try to restore a backup from 2.3.15. This will probably screw your phone. Download z4root.apk from link below. Put apk on sd card. Click on apk and install app and data

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
Do not try to restore a backup from 2.3.15. This will probably screw your phone. Download z4root.apk from link below. Put apk on sd card. Click on apk and install app and data

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

Appreciate it man, trying it now

No problem. I use root explorer so I go to sd card- look for z4root.apk and click it. It will open and say it a package installer, which would you like to perform- click install and the app should download

USAFgunner

Reaction score
It kept cancelling the download on my phone so I downloaded it and drug it over to the phone...just rebooting now...worked like a charm, thanks a bunch man!!! Wish I would have known about that apk a long time ago. How long has it been out?

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
It kept cancelling the download on my phone so I downloaded it and drug it over to the phone...just rebooting now...worked like a charm, thanks a bunch man!!! Wish I would have known about that apk a long time ago. How long has it been out?

Maybe a month or two. Not really sure. It used to be on the market but they removed it

USAFgunner

Reaction score
so correct me if I am wrong, wouldnt a full nandroid backup change both the OS and blur OS back to before I upgraded to 2.2.1? Either way, its time to make another backup before I start screwing stuff up LOL

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
so correct me if I am wrong, wouldnt a full nandroid backup change both the OS and blur OS back to before I upgraded to 2.2.1? Either way, its time to make another backup before I start screwing stuff up LOL

No it would not change it back. As of right now, there is no way back to 2.3.15. Do not try to restore a backup. Make a new backup and start over.