Frustrated

Pixie82

Reaction score
I'm new to this whole fourm thing...but the people at the verizon store keep directing me to here.:unsure: I have the allydroid and recently I bought a ringtone and the download accidently got canceled....and my phone keeps telling me to go to my music inbox to finsh the download??? Anyone out there know where to find the music inbox?!?! Also the touch screen is super sensitive...hence the accidental interruption of the download. I have played and played w/ it and found a bunch of other cool stuff but not what I needed. Please help :icon_eek:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Droid so my suggestion may not work. Look on your SD card for a file name music or music in box. The ringtone should be there. If you have a file manager app such as Astro (free in the market) use it to search for the ringtone or the music in box.

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ally is an android phone. It is not a Droid. But we accept all.android phones so.:welcome:.

OP
P

Pixie82

Reaction score
The ally is an android phone. It is not a Droid. But we accept all.android phones so.:welcome:.

Thanks =O) I didn't realize there was a MAJOR difference I figured a droid was a droid.....guess not :blush:

OP
P

Pixie82

Reaction score
I have Droid so my suggestion may not work. Look on your SD card for a file name music or music in box. The ringtone should be there. If you have a file manager app such as Astro (free in the market) use it to search for the ringtone or the music in box.

Mike

I looked on the SD card nothing there :sad: I'll try Astro....hopefully that works

OP
P

Pixie82

Reaction score
What application did you use to download the ringtone?

VCast Tones

There was your first problem you used that old app thats made for dumphones and not smartphones. Just download ringdroid off the market and make ringtones out of ur own music collection on your sdcard, and welcome to the forums.

Thank you so much...only thing that sucks now is I paid for a ringtone and I'm having trouble finding the file :icon_frown: I will definality check that out!!! Do you know anything about Slacker Radio?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score

VCast Tones

Ok, I don't use this myself, but since the app itself is free I downloaded it and took a looksee. After I agreed to the scary sounding bit about being charged for downloads I got the to the main screen. At that point you have several options.

* What's Hot
* RBT Jukeboxes
* Genre
* Music Inbox
* Manage Ringback Tones
* Recent Purchases

I'd guess what they want you to do is open the Music Inbox. At that point choose the Downloads option. This should go to their site, check for pending downloads, and start any pending or incomplete downloads automatically.

If that says there are no downloads go back to the main screen and look in Recent Purchases to make sure it did not already complete the download.

If none of that works you'll have to battle Verizon tech support. I'd call the number and work your way through that way. Local reps are trained mostly to sell phones. Their ability to help you on tech or store related problems is pretty limited.

That's about as much as I can do for you. I'm not willing to spend any money to run through the purchase process myself. I recommend doing a little reading on the internet and forums. There are several ways to get ringtones without paying Verizon, and the variety is larger too.

OP
P

Pixie82

Reaction score

VCast Tones

Ok, I don't use this myself, but since the app itself is free I downloaded it and took a looksee. After I agreed to the scary sounding bit about being charged for downloads I got the to the main screen. At that point you have several options.

* What's Hot
* RBT Jukeboxes
* Genre
* Music Inbox
* Manage Ringback Tones
* Recent Purchases

I'd guess what they want you to do is open the Music Inbox. At that point choose the Downloads option. This should go to their site, check for pending downloads, and start any pending or incomplete downloads automatically.

If that says there are no downloads go back to the main screen and look in Recent Purchases to make sure it did not already complete the download.

If none of that works you'll have to battle Verizon tech support. I'd call the number and work your way through that way. Local reps are trained mostly to sell phones. Their ability to help you on tech or store related problems is pretty limited.

That's about as much as I can do for you. I'm not willing to spend any money to run through the purchase process myself. I recommend doing a little reading on the internet and forums. There are several ways to get ringtones without paying Verizon, and the variety is larger too.

:yr1: OMG Thanks SO MUCH I got it all fixed now....so coulda done taht myself, but on that 1st page that opens.....I was like what theres ont that many options, so I went and looked and there was my ringtone sitting there....was a stupid moment THANK YOU!!!!!:smile:

* What's Hot
* RBT Jukeboxes
* Genre
* Music Inbox
* Manage Ringback Tones
* Recent Purchases