Headset Voice Dialing

Agrajag

Reaction score
Okay, I've reached the end of my rope with this one.

I bought a headset that I actually love for a change. It's a wired Jabra Wave headset and three of us now own one and love them. They have a single button that, they claim, is designed to call up the voice dialer on the first press and then hang up the call (or answer an incoming call).

It's also supposed to control music when it's playing.

However, it's a total mess on my Droid running Peter's GPA15 ROM (and was also the same running CM7).

I hit the button and immediately music starts playing. I don't want that action happening EVER. I then hit the button and music stops playing.

I then downloaded some apps and the best of the bunch was Headset Droid (and it has a great developer) but even it had issues where music would still get in the way, it would often fail when the screen was off, etc.

All I want is to hit the button on my headset and have it wake up my screen and call up a good voice dialer (the default one stinks as it continually puts up a prompt wanting me to confirm the selection first which defeats the whole hands-free concept).

Is there now way to take the music app and give it a vasectomy so that it's no longer involved with my headset at all and just have the phone work?

Sadly the Headset Droid dev pointed out that Gingerbread removed a function to allow apps to end calls using headsets. Can that be a good design choice? Seems entirely ludicrous.

Is there no hope of salvation here?

Jehu

Reaction score
7 months and no answer. I keep finding threads about this issue without an answer. The funny thing is, I find them on both sides of the issue. Some want to figure out how to make the wired headset button control their music player. Others are trying to figure out how to keep it from accessing music and bring up the voice dialer as well as answer and end calls. I'm in the latter category. I'm still looking for an answer.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
If it's any consolation, I've gotten a bit closer by using an app called Voice Speed that can see the button press but it has issues using it to hang up.