Froyo vs Gingerbread?

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
The Odin didn't work for me I could not download the rar files so I'm still stuck..any other suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
The Odin didn't work for me I could not download the rar files so I'm still stuck..any other suggestions?

Why couldnt you download? Your not trying to download them on your phone right? That wont work...

sent from a Superclean, Honeycomb, Voodoo Fascinate

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Na I tried directly from my computer..download update.zip and other file..slid those over to my phones folder like it said...then tried to get one of the 3-4 .rar files to download then extract them and it wouldn't show up in mu folder when I opened Odin and connected my phone on the PDA step...that's where I got lost and it made me do a factory reset in my phone in order to get b functional again...what am I doing wrong?

ziggy484

Reaction score
Na I tried directly from my computer..download update.zip and other file..slid those over to my phones folder like it said...then tried to get one of the 3-4 .rar files to download then extract them and it wouldn't show up in mu folder when I opened Odin and connected my phone on the PDA step...that's where I got lost and it made me do a factory reset in my phone in order to get b functional again...what am I doing wrong?

When you download rar file, do extract here, then there should be a .tar md5 file. Thats the one you want to flash with odin. Press pda (not phone) then select tar file, then press start and be very patient, it can take a little while

sent from a Superclean, Voodoo Fascinate

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Funny that you responded as soon as I finished rooting!!! It was easy I used a slighty different method but its done...now I just need to know how to put kernels and roms on here to get this boring look off...thanks for your help and if you have any suggestions for what I can put on just let me know

jds54

Reaction score
2.2 update will never come

I am extremely disappointed with verizon's response to pushing out an update to this phone. I bought mine first day it came out and was told 2.2 would be about 1 month away. My other option was a Droid X.
I am happy with the Samsung performance but I have come to the conclusion that Verizon will let this phone Die out with 2.1 and we will never get update.
They release new phones constantly and can't afford to lose sales to fascinate if it where updated. It's a numbers game because they need to sell x amount of new phones they committed to.
Shame on Verizon because most of us were told we would get this update.
Shortly the US will have only two providers AT&T and Verizon and both have horrible customer support.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Funny that you responded as soon as I finished rooting!!! It was easy I used a slighty different method but its done...now I just need to know how to put kernels and roms on here to get this boring look off...thanks for your help and if you have any suggestions for what I can put on just let me know

Well that wa the point of using the odin method, it would root you and upgrade you to froyo... are you still on 2.1?

sent from a Superclean, Voodoo Fascinate