Froyo vs Gingerbread?

cdroid1

Reaction score
So i have 2.1 on my fascinate obviously bc they won't update it for whatever reason. So I am thinking of rooting to put either 2.2 or 2.3 on it. Can anyone please explain the differences of each of these and if its worth it..also if it is then maybe a link on how to do it..much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

CxanDroid

Reaction score
Well, neither 2.2 nor 2.3 are functional on the Fascinate yet, as Samsung will neither release an update nor the source.

There are some Devs working on it, but it's a slow painful bug-fraught process.

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Really? So not even a root will work? Am I just better off staying with 2.1? I'm new to the fascinate and android I switched over from BB so bare with me

luv2increase

Reaction score
Really? So not even a root will work? Am I just better off staying with 2.1? I'm new to the fascinate and android I switched over from BB so bare with me

You r stuck with 2.1 until VZW releases 2.2. It will be a long time to get 2.3 on the fascinate if at all.

Sent via DX equipped with Fission Reactor Technology

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Can't you just root and instal a rom with build on froyo?

I would recommend chevyno1 latest rom. If you need help just post.

Give it a try. Im pretty site it will work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Madwicket

Reaction score
Ok don't listen to any of these people. Go to xda and kaos has a version of froyo out for your rooted phone. It maybe not completed but he's updating. The source code for 2.2 was released.

CxanDroid

Reaction score
Yes, kaos is working on porting CM6, and birdman and jt are trying to build Gingerbread from aosp, but neither are in a build state that a complete beginner should attempt to use.

Sent from my gimped Fascinate.

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Thanks I know I'm late getting these posts but its helpful..(for what I can understand anyway) I still haven't rooted my phone and an getting closer to try to attempt it though..all I know is ill never get a Samsung again because they refuse to release new ware

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
Is it me or has nobody in this thread heard of superclean, or eb01? How can anyone say there isnt a working version of froyo? Gingerbread no, but froyo, come on... read up a little, all you have to do is go to the development section. Superclean 2.9.2 is fully froyo (2.2.1) and FULLY functional, it runs awesome. Btw, this isnt really directed at the op, but more the people responding and misleading when they dont know what theyre talking about.

sent from a Superclean, Honeycomb, Voodoo Fascinate

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it me or has nobody in this thread heard of superclean, or eb01? How can anyone say there isnt a working version of froyo? Gingerbread no, but froyo, come on... read up a little, all you have to do is go to the development section. Superclean 2.9.2 is fully froyo (2.2.1) and FULLY functional, it runs awesome. Btw, this isnt really directed at the op, but more the people responding and misleading when they dont know what theyre talking about.

Not sure if you realized this or not, because I didn't at first, but most of the posts, with the exception of the one right before yours, were from Jan 14th or before.

fordee11

Reaction score

dude look at the date of the original post before you go criticizing people. damn.

ziggy484

Reaction score

dude look at the date of the original post before you go criticizing people. damn.

Oh well

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Ok guys thanks for your input...I think I'm ready to root and put a rom for a different version on here...but this is the first tine me every doing it so can u post something that will help me out without destroying my phone and is gonna b worth the root

ziggy484

Reaction score
Ok guys thanks for your input...I think I'm ready to root and put a rom for a different version on here...but this is the first tine me every doing it so can u post something that will help me out without destroying my phone and is gonna b worth the root

Look in development section for odin full eb01 packages... root and froyo, piece of cake. Real good thread, has good instructions and links to everything you need.

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Look in development section for odin full eb01 packages... root and froyo, piece of cake. Real good thread, has good instructions and links to everything you need.

sent from a Superclean, Honeycomb, Voodoo Fascinate[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks I'm going to look into that as soon as I get my computer ready..would the root also allow me to get apps for free like the iPhone allows or is the android market not that up to it