Froyo Update

Fizban22

Reaction score
When this new 2.2 Froyo comes out for both the Droid X and the Incredible, is it going to make both interfaces the same?

Reason being is that Im torn between getting an Incredible or waiting to get an X. I like the specs of the X better, but i like the Sense UI better. Will Froyo make the UI differences obsolete by making both the same thing?

Also, list your pro's and con's of both the Incredible and the X. Im interested in what others think.

xliderider

Reaction score
The Incredible will have HTC's sense ui, the X won't.

You will be able to get the X before you will be able to get the Incredible most likely, due to the backorder status of the Incredible.
The X is made of metal, the Incredible is plastic.

I'm partial to Motos. :D

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid Incredible runs Sense UI which is only on HTC phones, where as the X's UI is only on moto phones...please do a search for something along the lines of Droid X or Incredible, there are a lot of people who have the same question and there is tons of info out there.

bkfist

Reaction score
The interface is going to be unique to the two devices. It would be less than unlikely that either device would drop their custom interface.

Personally, I very much prefer the stock android interface, although I do like the ADW launcher and super dialer added to customize my desktop.

The default android interface is much lighter and snappier than the heavily customized interfaces. alsoa phone with a stock interface its going to get updates before one with a custom interface.

Unless a phone has an unlocked boot loader and root, I personality would not touch it.

Sent from my Droid

Leonius

Reaction score
I like default android, and wish companies like htc and moto let you toggle the extra stuff on/off. I like the specs on the x, but I'm praying the droid 2 uses vanilla android unlike the x.