Froyo = Slow-yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnine619

Reaction score
Since my upgrade came through on my Droid to froyo, my phone has seen a significant decrease in speed. Especially when toggling between applications there has been a serious lag. Even when someone calls, the phone will start ringing but the contact info doesn't showup and I cant answer or ignore the call for almost 2 seconds. Anyone else experiencing this?:icon_evil:

J.P.

Reaction score
Yeah, My droid was the same way, So I decided to root, and with CM6 its wayyyy wayyy quicker than stock 2.2 and im not even overclocked... yet

FRATBoy

Reaction score
mine too..

sometimes it takes upwards of 7 seconds for icons to show after I slide my keyboard out.

no new apps were installed after 2.2 was installed...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, My droid was the same way, So I decided to root, and with CM6 its wayyyy wayyy quicker than stock 2.2 and im not even overclocked... yet

+1 for rooting!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

tonyag9

Reaction score
Mine too! I thought I liked it AT FIRST, until I started noticing how terribly slow it is! I haven't downloaded any new apps since 2.1, so that can't be it. I even missed a few calls because my slide bar to unlock seems to lock up and I CAN'T ANSWER MY PHONE - UGH!! It's so frustrating to have an update make your phone WORSE! There's a delay on everything - even takes awhile for my home icons to show up!! Has anyone heard if the next update will resolve these issues??

OP
J

jnine619

Reaction score
Is rooting the droid a difficult process?

tonyag9

Reaction score
I'm considering rooting too. From instructions I've read, it's not difficult at all (though I'm pretty tech savvy). My concern is voiding my warranty/insurance plan, but if it continues like this, they are going to FORCE me to root!!! :p

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since my upgrade came through on my Droid to froyo, my phone has seen a significant decrease in speed. Especially when toggling between applications there has been a serious lag. Even when someone calls, the phone will start ringing but the contact info doesn't showup and I cant answer or ignore the call for almost 2 seconds. Anyone else experiencing this?:icon_evil:

Take the phone to a Verizon store and have them reflash 2.2. It will solve your problems. But try a factory reset first as they will probably demand that you do that first anyway.

This is a warranty issue and they will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.