Froyo and long MP3 files

Gunslinger

Reaction score
I just rooted last night, installed BB 0.4, and everything was working perfectly. dancedroid Until today, on my way to work, I wanted to listen to an audiobook I have in mp3 format on my Droid. The book is 30 discs, and one mp3 for each disc, over an hour each. When I open them in Music, they show up as about 1/10th of their actual length. Music will play the full track, but I can't skip ahead past the end time that the app reports, and if I stop playback after the end time, say at 40 minutes, it doesn't save it for the next time I open Music. This is pretty frustrating. :icon_evil:

It was working fine on stock 2.1, and I don't think it's a Bugless issue, because I also flashed over to the latest Cyanogen to try it there. Same thing. I ran SDrescan, deleted the files and added them from my PC again, and also rebooted the phone. Nothing helps. Another audiobook I have has the mp3s by disc, and it works fine, but those tracks are all under an hour.

Anyone have this experience, or have the ability to try and replicate? Any advice is appreciated!

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Not sure, but it may be that the mp3's are segments of each disk? How many mp3s do you have?
Currently listening to The Hound Of Baskervilles for school next year. It's 15 mp3's long, one for each chapter, and I have no problems

OP
Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Reaction score
It's a 30-disc audiobook, and I have 30 mp3s. Each is a full disc. Like I said, it was working properly on 2.1, so I don't think it would be an issue with the mp3 files themselves.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Have you tried different music players? MixZing and 3 Music Player are good.

OP
Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Tried MixZing and Meridian, same issue. Also, it happens even if I use Explorer and navigate to the file itself, and open it from there.

OP
Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Well, it's definitely a Froyo issue. Flashed back to BB 1.1 (2.1 ROM), and my mp3s are showing up at their proper length. I'll miss Froyo's speed, but I commute too much to give up my audiobooks. If anyone can confirm in the future that this has been fixed, please post and I'll be back to Froyo in a second.