Quirks, bugs or I just don't know what I am doing yet...

gilmourd

Reaction score
I just got my Droid 2 Global last week, and I have been happy with it overall. There are some quirks and kinks that really bug me and internet searches have solved some of the problem, but not all. This is my first Android phone, so maybe I just don't know what I am doing.

1. Stock music player and mp3 tags don't work.

Specifically, when I an album has two or more discs. The stock music player will show and play them in the order of

track 1 disc 1,
track 1 disc 2
track 2 disc 1
track 2 disc 2...

instead of the more logical

track 1 disc 1
track 2 disc 1
track 1 disc 2
track 2 disc 2

I know that my mp3 files are tagged correctly because they work find in the iPod/iTunes system. I have only tried Cubed as an alternative music player, but it didn't solve the problem. I have also done some searches on the internet, and it seems to be a problem that exists with various version of Android. If you have any suggestion other than retagging my music collection, such as a patch or a music player, I would love to hear it.

2. Alarm and Lock screen

I use my phone as my alarm clock. A lot of times, I would use the snooze function. If I use the snooze function too many times, the D2G would lock up and just show the wallpaper. I can't get back to the home screen, nor unlock it. The power button still works, so I can reboot the phone. I haven't tested this quirk/ bug extensively, so I don't know how to reproduce it exactly, but it's definitely related to the stock alarm app.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just my phone?

3. Battery life

I use stereo bluetooth for music and I listen to about 4-5 hrs of music a day. I do the occasional (< 1hr) web surfing via wifi and less than 30 mins of talking each day. The battery lasts just about 1 working day (9am to 7pm). Does this sound about right for everyone else?

Any help or advice that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

jkidd16

Reaction score
4-5 HOURS of music? That's a lot. You have pretty good battery life since you listen to all that music. Also make sure you turn off global mode, GPS locations, and brightness but you probably did that already since it lasts that long

OP
G

gilmourd

Reaction score
Yeah... I turn off all the antennas except for bluetooth for music.

Anyway, I found a workaround to my own problem regarding the disc number problem in mp3 tags. I still haven't round a way to get android to recognize the disc tag in the same album. However, you could just put all the files in the same folder say, disc 1, then the music player will see it as a separate album.
It's not a perfect solution, but it saves me from retagging all the music and it's still compatible with the iTunes ecosystem if I ever decided to switch back to an iDevice.

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
I was frustrated by a number of albums showing up in the incorrect order as well. I think it was because some tracks used triple digit track numbers and others used double digits. So track 03 was playing after 010, or something like that. I cleaned up the tags, though, and it works as expected now.

As a sloppy alternative, there's a 'music folder player' app that lets you play your music by folder rather than by artist/album/track.

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
I use double-twist which is pretty good and there are music controls at the lockscreen.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App