Froyo/2.2 where can i find it ?

zero7404

Reaction score
sorry for the post, i searched around i didn't spot a thread.

i know there's a rooted official froyo update.zip available, but where is the unrooted official update.zip ?

if it's available ...

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Google has not released the official version of Android 2.2 (Froyo) yet for the original Droid. You're only option is to flash a leaked version, or wait for the official OTA update which is most likely to be released in the next few days.

kennydied23

Reaction score
sorry for the post, i searched around i didn't spot a thread.

i know there's a rooted official froyo update.zip available, but where is the unrooted official update.zip ?

if it's available ...

It's not available yet...give it 2-5 days though, we should see an unrooted official OTA update come through.

AlDoes

Reaction score
The official Froyo OTA has been released according to verizon. Here is the link that will show you how to get it. Mandatory System Update: DROID by Motorola
Im currently at work in a location where service sucks so Im not very happy about not being able to update my phone at this time. Hope you guys have no trouble updating your phones. Good Luck!

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
The official Froyo OTA has been released according to verizon. Here is the link that will show you how to get it. Mandatory System Update: DROID by Motorola
Im currently at work in a location where service sucks so Im not very happy about not being able to update my phone at this time. Hope you guys have no trouble updating your phones. Good Luck!

it probably has been released, however my phone hasn't gotten the notification yet and it will probably take a few days ...

HDTVsportsfan

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Droid101

Reaction score
thanks fellas ... i'll wait.

btw, is rooting still risky business or relatively safe ? the 'official' rooted rom that i spotted on here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...ndroid-2-2-frg01b-clean-untouched-virgin.html

Not to be overly dramatic but rooting your phone always has risk. If safe guards and backups are in place and proper attention is paid to the task at hand then it can be safe.

To add to that I rooted my phone for the first time and found it to be the most simple process I have done. No issues at all. Plus looking around I havnt seen or heard of anyone bricking their phone to a point of no return yet.:)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
...looking around I havnt seen or heard of anyone bricking their phone to a point of no return yet.:)

If you believe what their signature says, there's a member of the rescue squad who did. But that was a loooong time (months) ago. :biggrin:

However, there's now a one-touch rooting method using the updated DMUpdater app. If you're looking for simple, that's the way to go. However, if you have any doubts and don't want to take the risk, don't. $600 is a large wad to be risking. If you choose to go for it to get 2.2 early (and I can't say as I blame you, especially once you start playing around with ROMS and root-access-only-apps), ask around as there are a LOT of people willing to help you out.

Last edited:

Droid101

Reaction score
...looking around I havnt seen or heard of anyone bricking their phone to a point of no return yet.:)

If you believe what their signature says, there's a member of the rescue squad who did. But that was a loooong time (months) ago. :biggrin:

Really lol I think i would believe him but I think he may be the lucky only one who was able to do it:)